PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Beta 2 iPad Mini

iThink Apple
Jun 24, 2013, 01:00 PM
It is simply beautiful!! Take a look :)

rovex
Jun 24, 2013, 01:01 PM
what's multitasking like? control centre? notification centre?

gmanist1000
Jun 24, 2013, 01:02 PM

Looks nice.

I like the Photo Booth icon.

CarlosQG
Jun 24, 2013, 01:02 PM
Beautiful! Please make a review video!

maclook
Jun 24, 2013, 01:06 PM
Ha, what an appropriate wallpaper to match ios7. Jk jk :p

iThink Apple
Jun 24, 2013, 01:07 PM
For some reason PhotoBooth does not seem to be working properly.....

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 01:10 PM
I do have to say, it looks much better on the mini than on the phone. But i still want some changes to the icons :[

madsci954
Jun 24, 2013, 01:11 PM
9to5Mac posted some pics of iOS 7 on iPad

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/24/ios-7-beta-2-includes-ipad-and-ipad-mini-support/

iThink Apple
Jun 24, 2013, 01:11 PM
Control Center....

.macbookpro.
Jun 24, 2013, 01:13 PM
does it have the parrallax thing?

iThink Apple
Jun 24, 2013, 01:13 PM
Safari

rovex
Jun 24, 2013, 01:14 PM
9to5Mac posted some pics of iOS 7 on iPad

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/24/ios-7-beta-2-includes-ipad-and-ipad-mini-support/

No flash light or calculator in control centre? :confused:

I guess we'll have to wait and see on that. a bit small, should take up more of the screen.

Andy-V
Jun 24, 2013, 01:15 PM

Well there's no flash on the iPad mini, so no flashlight.

iThink Apple
Jun 24, 2013, 01:16 PM
Well there's no flash on the iPad mini, so no flashlight.

Very true :)

CarlosQG
Jun 24, 2013, 01:16 PM
No weather app?

Miracle Hobo
Jun 24, 2013, 01:17 PM
Show us notification centre please :)

JML42691
Jun 24, 2013, 01:18 PM

I guess we'll have to wait and see on that...

The iPad doesn't have a camera flash or included calculator app.

iThink Apple
Jun 24, 2013, 01:19 PM
Here you go:

rovex
Jun 24, 2013, 01:19 PM
The iPad doesn't have a camera flash or included calculator app.

Ok, but nothing stopping them adding a calculator on there.

People expect flash to make an appearance on at least one of the ipads this fall so again time will tell.

Again, problem with apple is that ios always tend just to be ported onto the ipad rather than optimised. control centre for instance doesn't look well implemented so far in this beta.

jonnyb098
Jun 24, 2013, 01:21 PM
what's multitasking like? control centre? notification centre?

Some screenshots floating around on 9 to 5 mac

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 01:22 PM
Ok, but nothing stopping them adding a calculator on there.

People expect flash to make an appearance on at least one of the ipads this fall so again time will tell.

Well just because there isnt on preinstalled. But i do wonder why the hell they dont just add a stock calculator app :confused:

jonnyb098
Jun 24, 2013, 01:23 PM
Looks nice.

I like the Photo Booth icon.

Yeah, it looks like an adult designed it.

SJism23
Jun 24, 2013, 01:23 PM
The best thing about the iPad version is that Apple made Notification Center and the Control Center full-sized for the larger screen.

rovex
Jun 24, 2013, 01:25 PM
The best thing about the iPad version is that Apple made Notification Center and the Control Center full-sized for the larger screen.

No, not for control centre. way too small for everything to be laid out.

SJism23
Jun 24, 2013, 01:43 PM
No, not for control centre. way too small for everything to be laid out.

I like how it's all crammed at the bottom...

aheying7
Jun 24, 2013, 01:44 PM
When you use multitasking gestures now how does it work when you pull up...?

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 01:46 PM
When you use multitasking gestures now how does it work when you pull up...?

Agreed, what happens with a 4 finger upward motion? Does it open control center? multitasking?

liamry
Jun 24, 2013, 01:52 PM
so, do i need my iPad UDID registered to get the beta? my mate is on holiday and he's the one who registered my iPhone, i seen there's a situation on the iPhone where you can install it without without registered UDID, is this the same for iPad? and how is this possible (if that's not allowed here pm me please)

wolfboy
Jun 24, 2013, 02:03 PM
Can anyone with an iPad check if there's still a Bookmark Bar in Safari?

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 02:04 PM
so, do i need my iPad UDID registered to get the beta? my mate is on holiday and he's the one who registered my iPhone, i seen there's a situation on the iPhone where you can install it without without registered UDID, is this the same for iPad? and how is this possible (if that's not allowed here pm me please)

Yes, you need to be a registered developer to download it, this applies to all devices, so the UDID for the ipad needs to be added to the developers account

Ram27
Jun 24, 2013, 02:14 PM
I'm disappointed they didn't fix the dock opacity bug.

gglittle
Jun 24, 2013, 02:18 PM
Agreed, what happens with a 4 finger upward motion? Does it open control center? multitasking?

Swiping up from the bottom brings up Control Center. Using 4 fingers on an iPhone is rather difficult, at least for my fingers, though when I tried it still brings up control center.

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 02:22 PM
Swiping up from the bottom brings up Control Center. Using 4 fingers on an iPhone is rather difficult, at least for my fingers, though when I tried it still brings up control center.

Haha no, on the ipad :p with iOS6 a 4 finger swipe up on the ipad shows the multitask bar

gglittle
Jun 24, 2013, 02:33 PM

rovex
Jun 24, 2013, 02:35 PM

they could easily implement 2 finger swipe.

i think they'll do that next year.

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 02:49 PM
they could easily implement 2 finger swipe.

i think they'll do that next year.

That might get annoying, a lot of apps, mainly games, allow 2 finger swipping, which could in turn bring up the multitasking, or whatever it does in iOS7 , everytime

Hasan51
Jun 24, 2013, 03:17 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O7_ZrOL5Fow

Cpnyc88
Jun 24, 2013, 03:25 PM
Im diggin iOS7 but the biggest problem i have is the black dividing lines in Control Center. Get rid of them already.

bushido
Jun 24, 2013, 03:29 PM
meh i wish apple would have done something differently for the iPad ... so much wasted space. its not a 4 inch device :rolleyes:

and still no weather :mad:

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 03:30 PM
meh i wish apple would have done something differently for the iPad ... so much wasted space. its not a 4 inch device :rolleyes:

and still no weather :mad:

No app, but do note how on the Notification center screenshot it does describe the weather with words. Id prefer me some pictures, but no complaints

SJism23
Jun 24, 2013, 04:03 PM
Can anyone show the music and reminders app on the iPad?

Michaelgtrusa
Jun 24, 2013, 04:20 PM
iPad iOS 7 Beta Demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11WclVHiUk

matthijst
Jun 24, 2013, 04:23 PM
No longer see the shortcutbar in Safari?
Even though I set it to always displaym:mad:

kcamfork
Jun 24, 2013, 05:11 PM
Can anyone comment on how smoothly ios 7 is running n the iPad mini? With the A5 processor I worry. But I love my mini much more than the full sized iPad.

cublah
Jun 24, 2013, 05:17 PM
Anybody having a problem displaying their video library in the Videos app

Nishi100
Jun 24, 2013, 06:01 PM
If you do 4 fingers from the top downwards on the homescreen, it'll bring up search; if you do 4 fingers from the bottom upwards on the homescreen or any app then it'll bring up multitasking.

Even though I set it to always displaym

:( Hope it's a bug.

Lots of graphical bugs; lots of animations; that handy swipe back and forward thing on the iPhone is present, but very inconsistent -- it's present in safari, but not in settings, which I understand because the settings panel isn't fullscreen but it would be nice to have.

wolfboy
Jun 24, 2013, 06:06 PM
Even though I set it to always displaym:mad:

Nooo, I hope it's just not finished, though I am fearful since Ive tends to remove things deemed "unnecessary". The bookmark bar is one of the two reasons I choose Safari over Chrome on iOS (the other is speed).

Will switch permanently to Chrome if they don't bring it back when beta is over.

fraggot
Jun 24, 2013, 06:09 PM
If you do 4 fingers from the top downwards on the homescreen, it'll bring up search; if you do 4 fingers from the bottom upwards on the homescreen or any app then it'll bring up multitasking

You don't have to use 4 fingers for Spotlight, it works just like the iPhone version. One finger will do just fine.

Tiki35
Jun 24, 2013, 06:31 PM
Where is the Voice Memo app for the IPad Mini on beta 2?

Nishi100
Jun 24, 2013, 06:33 PM
Is anyone else disappointed with the Music app? It seems ... like a scaled up iPhone Music app.

I much prefer the remote app style to this:

Also some of the pinch to zoom in on photos, is gone, apart from moments; makes it disjointed getting from one photo to the collections. You pinch out, then try to pinch again, but can't so tap the back button.

wsc9005
Jun 24, 2013, 06:34 PM

Please could I have your wallpaper ??

One for MacBook and one for iPhone 5 would be nice :)

Thanks in advance

Senseotech
Jun 24, 2013, 06:41 PM
Is anyone else disappointed with the Music app? It seems ... like a scaled up iPhone Music app.

Also some of the pinch to zoom in on photos, is gone, apart from moments; makes it disjointed getting from one photo to the collections. You pinch out, then try to pinch again, but can't so tap the back button.

I hadn't had a chance to take a look at the Music app, but ugh, thats pretty bad. Thats the one achilles heel of the iPad, they have a device that could have this amazing music app that was like a touch iTunes, but instead it always gets a scaled up iPhone app. One can only hope that this is one of the things that will change and improve over the course of the beta.

kirky29
Jun 24, 2013, 07:03 PM
iOS 7 actually personally looks better on the iPad. Things look cleaner and smoother. (Sadly it's laggy at the moment and doesn't actually run smoother!)

Finally notification centre takes up the whole screen!

Annoying that the bookmark is gone in safari...the only reason I use safari over Chrome is because of it..

madsci954
Jun 24, 2013, 07:31 PM
iOS 7 actually personally looks better on the iPad. Things look cleaner and smoother. (Sadly it's laggy at the moment and doesn't actually run smoother!)

Finally notification centre takes up the whole screen!

Annoying that the bookmark is gone in safari...the only reason I use safari over Chrome is because of it..

Can you post the starry iPad background? I got it for iPhone but not yet for iPad.

matthijst
Jun 25, 2013, 12:56 AM
Nooo, I hope it's just not finished, though I am fearful since Ive tends to remove things deemed "unnecessary". The bookmark bar is one of the two reasons I choose Safari over Chrome on iOS (the other is speed).

Will switch permanently to Chrome if they don't bring it back when beta is over.
Yeah, trying iCab now.
Looks a lot like Safari and has a bookmarks toolbar.

Hopefully Apple will fix it in the next beta.

cdcrowell
Jun 25, 2013, 01:01 AM
does it have the parrallax thing?Yes it has it

iThink Apple
Jun 25, 2013, 08:54 PM
iOS7 Beta 2 is running great so far!!!

7S26
Jun 26, 2013, 03:08 AM
Is it possible to adjust font size in safari? For some reason I recall that this could be possible in iOS 7 and also think that it would be extremely useful especially in mini.

iThink Apple
Jun 26, 2013, 06:06 AM
Is it possible to adjust font size in safari? For some reason I recall that this could be possible in iOS 7 and also think that it would be extremely useful especially in mini.

I think it should be.....

jjk454ss
Jun 26, 2013, 01:32 PM
I know the animations are slower, but my ipad mini is slower overall. I just played mini golf and it was real choppy. Anyone else seeing this? Should try a reinstall?

iThink Apple
Jun 26, 2013, 03:19 PM
I know the animations are slower, but my ipad mini is slower overall. I just played mini golf and it was real choppy. Anyone else seeing this? Should try a reinstall?

Working fine for me.....

xxchefxx
Jun 26, 2013, 03:29 PM
Im with you I hate the way the music app looks on the on the iPad.

iThink Apple
Jun 26, 2013, 04:40 PM
I don't think its that bad :)

jjk454ss
Jun 27, 2013, 11:13 AM

Working fine for me.....

Did a restore and so far it seems better.

Thanks

CarlosQG
Jun 27, 2013, 01:16 PM
I wish the notes app was like the reminders app; the black, blurry thing with notes on the left and the white sheet on the other side. It's just too damn white!

.macbookpro.
Jun 27, 2013, 01:24 PM
Is anyone using it as a daily driver?
Would really like to install it, as it is everything I jaibreak my ipad for, other than f.lux

techie-struts
Jun 27, 2013, 01:38 PM
Would really like to install it, as it is everything I jaibreak my ipad for, other than f.lux

+1

would really like to start using this on my iPad as a daily driver.

shenfrey
Jun 27, 2013, 04:11 PM
Looks like it does on my iPad 4th gen.

ej3ffrey
Jun 27, 2013, 04:54 PM
I'm using it as a dd in my mini but does anyone else's multitasking not work once in a while? It'll just show the blank wallpaper with nothing. And the inky way to get back is the home button.

jjk454ss
Jun 27, 2013, 06:09 PM

+1

would really like to start using this on my iPad as a daily driver.

I am on my mini, but kind of regret it. Everything works ok, but it's slow and choppy, just not the polished feel you expect from Apple. I knew its a beta and don't mind going back to unjailbroken iOS 6, do I thought I'd give it a shot. I'll give it another day or two and decide to stay or go back until a more polished beta.

Will miss iRadio if I go back, and control center, and the new Photos app:). And I like the look too, just most apps look funny when compared to new new look of iOS 7.

Xeyad
Jun 27, 2013, 09:05 PM
I must say that iOS 7 on iPad is currently very disappointing. It's everything Apple mocked in the past about Android tablets and how they don't scale the OS and apps properly for the tablet screen.

Notification Center and Siri look too blown up for my taste, and just don't utilize the space properly. Multitasking is the worst to be honest, because a) it only shows 1 and a half apps per screen and b) some apps are in portrait, and other apps are upside down, so it's currently a mess. Multitasking on iPad should be something like Mission Control on OS X. Apps like Photos and Music look scaled up iPhone apps to be honest, which is worrying if they don't change them in future betas.

Control Center is proving to be a bit problematic with games like Fruit Ninja as some swipes bring up Control Center accidentally.

I think iOS 7 on iPhone is fine, if a bit unrefined. But iOS 7 on iPad has a much more major problem in my opinion, which is utilization. They must find better ways to implement some of the features for the iPad's bigger screen.

nyjets
Jun 27, 2013, 10:56 PM
I loved it until I found out the app "Marvin" won't work until the official release of iOS 7 (at least that's what they say on their Facebook page), and since I use that app daily to read books I had to revert back to iOS 6, but other than rendering one of my important apps useless, I really liked the feel of it on my iPad.

myrtlebee
Jun 27, 2013, 11:28 PM
Does Safari allow you to keep the bookmarks bar visible at all times like it does in iOS 6?

jjk454ss
Jun 28, 2013, 06:27 PM
Does Safari allow you to keep the bookmarks bar visible at all times like it does in iOS 6?

I think it's supposed to, the option is still in Settings, but it doesn't work.