PDA

View Full Version : Went back to iOS 6

monaarts
Jun 24, 2013, 01:13 PM
Like many of you already have, I went back to iOS 6 because of the bugs. I am not complaining - I expected them to be there but it made my every day phone too difficult to use.

But I must say, I MISS iOS7!!! iOS6 looks and feels so archaic and clunky now! :eek: I can not wait until fall when I can get iOS7 in a much more stable build. :apple:

TOOFY
Jun 24, 2013, 01:13 PM
bleh

GoCubsGo
Jun 24, 2013, 01:14 PM
Old and archaic? Okie.

But I do think there were lots of threads on this before.

Steven627
Jun 24, 2013, 01:15 PM
same here..went back to 6 coz iOS7 is very buggy atm. look forward to beta 3&4

monaarts
Jun 24, 2013, 01:19 PM
Old and archaic? Okie.

But I do think there were lots of threads on this before.

Yes... It now feels over textured and like there is too much space for everything (like the lock screen with the spaces for the numbers as you type them, for example).

eastamherstbias
Jun 24, 2013, 01:44 PM
same here..went back to 6 coz iOS7 is very buggy atm. look forward to beta 3&4

BETAS ARE ALWAYS BUGGY. THAT IS THE STUPID POINT OF THEM! If you are a hobbyist you don't touch a beta until 3/4/gm.

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 01:48 PM
Yes... It now feels over textured and like there is too much space for everything (like the lock screen with the spaces for the numbers as you type them, for example).I'm not sure that tons of white space (that's literally white) is really an improvement though (in particular for those with black iOS devices, but even in general).

monaarts
Jun 24, 2013, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure that tons of white space (that's literally white) is really an improvement though (in particular for those with black iOS devices, but even in general).

I agree. I have the white iPhone so it looked nice. It would be nice if they created the option to choose between black and white for the empty space. Besides, I bet the black would save a ton of energy and therefor result in longer lasting battery life.

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 02:01 PM
I agree. I have the white iPhone so it looked nice. It would be nice if they created the option to choose between black and white for the empty space. Besides, I bet the black would save a ton of energy and therefor result in longer lasting battery life.And look better on the eyes and all-around in dark/darker environments too. Let's hope something like that might show up at some point (sooner than later).

spades1412
Jun 24, 2013, 05:35 PM
Wasteland?

MattMJB0188
Jun 24, 2013, 05:54 PM
Wasteland?

Only your post belongs there.

irDigital0l
Jun 24, 2013, 05:58 PM
This is the downside of making iOS 7 obtainable by only paying $100.

kodeman53
Jun 24, 2013, 07:04 PM
Like many of you already have, I went back to iOS 6 because of the bugs. I am not complaining - I expected them to be there but it made my every day phone too difficult to use.

But I must say, I MISS iOS7!!! iOS6 looks and feels so archaic and clunky now! :eek: I can not wait until fall when I can get iOS7 in a much more stable build. :apple:

Other than you, who else would care what version of iOS you're running? So, why start a thread about it?

knapperbot
Jun 24, 2013, 07:18 PM
It's Beta, of course it is going to be buggy, as you mentioned.

Besides that, people don't pay $100 in order to get iOS 7 before the average Joe, they do it because they are developers, and they are involved in being a part of building a great OS. It's not about high-fiving your dork friends because you have iOS 7 before the general public.

Instead of "going back to iOS 6", why not offer some help and contribute to the evolution of creating a better OS in general? :cool:

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 24, 2013, 07:20 PM
It's Beta, of course it is going to be buggy, as you mentioned.

Besides that, people don't pay $100 in order to get iOS 7 before the average Joe, they do it because they are developers, and they are involved in being a part of building a great OS. It's not about high-fiving your dork friends because you have iOS 7 before the general public.

Instead of "going back to iOS 6", why not offer some help and contribute to the evolution of creating a better OS in general? :cool:

Well said.

spades1412
Jun 24, 2013, 07:55 PM
Only your post belongs there.

As does yours, as well as the OP!

PNutts
Jun 24, 2013, 09:23 PM
In one of the other threads for the same topic, I posted that after iOS 7 b1 I really enjoyed going back to iOS 6. It's luxurious. However, b2 is getting better and this might be a nice ride to the end.

gomoq13
Jun 25, 2013, 03:01 AM

Did you try "Reset All Settings" or restarting the affected iDevices?