PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] iOS 7 Beta 2 - Skype

spooky2k
Jun 24, 2013, 01:41 PM
Hey all,
I'm a registered dev but only actually have 1 single device that I use day to day and develop on (planning on getting another soon).

I use Skype a lot and had to drop back to iOS 6 to make it usable again. In Beta 1 it would crash and go back to the home screen. Is this still the case with beta 2? I'm reluctant to go with the rigmarole of restoring again to find it is the same. Thank you in advance for any help.

SamGabbay
Jun 24, 2013, 01:49 PM
Hey all,
I'm a registered dev but only actually have 1 single device that I use day to day and develop on (planning on getting another soon).

I use Skype a lot and had to drop back to iOS 6 to make it usable again. In Beta 1 it would crash and go back to the home screen. Is this still the case with beta 2? I'm reluctant to go with the rigmarole of restoring again to find it is the same. Thank you in advance for any help.

Skype does indeed crash for me n iOS 7 beta 2.

nanolife
Jun 24, 2013, 01:49 PM
Here's your answer: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17480866&postcount=508

spooky2k
Jun 24, 2013, 01:52 PM
Here's your answer: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17480866&postcount=508

Thank you very much. Took a quick look but didn't see that. Thanks again.

----------

Skype does indeed crash for me n iOS 7 beta 2.

Is it just when you try to enter messaging like it was in beta 1? Saw some folk got it sorted by deleting and re-installing it. Does that work here?

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 02:42 PM

----------

Is it just when you try to enter messaging like it was in beta 1? Saw some folk got it sorted by deleting and re-installing it. Does that work here?I believe it generally happens when trying to enter messages or recent sections.

spooky2k
Jun 24, 2013, 04:10 PM
I believe it generally happens when trying to enter messages or recent sections.

That was my experience too but some folk said they got it working by re-installing it.

crashfellow
Jun 24, 2013, 06:19 PM
Problem is Microsoft isn't going to rush to fix software on a beta version of iOS 7. And most likely they're have a visually overhauled version for the official release to make it more 'flat' so I doubt they'll fix it.

spooky2k
Jun 24, 2013, 06:44 PM
Problem is Microsoft isn't going to rush to fix software on a beta version of iOS 7. And most likely they're have a visually overhauled version for the official release to make it more 'flat' so I doubt they'll fix it.

This is probably all true. I found that using IM+ Pro in the meantime will solve the issue :)

Will2145
Jun 24, 2013, 06:45 PM
skype only crashes when you click chat, calling and others work, just don't click recent.

nanolife
Jun 25, 2013, 06:41 AM

What you didn't see? Oo

And........Skype Still Crashes On Beta 2
I was hoping Beta 2 would fix it, but it appears it hasn't. It's pretty clear now that the source of the crashes is due to a fundamental change in the OS, which means that skype, after not releasing an update in nearly a month, needs to get their act together.

spooky2k
Jun 26, 2013, 12:52 PM
What you didn't see? Oo

I looked on the forum before posting this thread and didn't see the post you linked to. I think you took my last message the wrong way :/

nanolife
Jun 26, 2013, 04:15 PM
I looked on the forum before posting this thread and didn't see the post you linked to. I think you took my last message the wrong way :/

Oh that's ok, mate. At least now you know. ;)