Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robwilson

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
Anyone notice the Microsoft look???

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    49.5 KB · Views: 191

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well, Exchange and Outlook accounts are technically Microsoft based accounts, so it would make sense to use the latest Microsoft icons for those (just as the latest Yahoo! icon is used for Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail icon is used for Gmail, etc.).

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Well, Exchange and Outlook accounts are technically Microsoft based accounts, so it would make sense to use the latest Microsoft icons for those (just as the latest Yahoo! icon is used for Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail icon is used for Gmail, etc.).

I think he's referring to the overall look of the screen. Not exactly the MS specific icons :p

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think he's referring to the overall look of the screen. Not exactly the MS specific icons :p
But that's not really new/different in beta 2 though since it had that type of look in beta 1 already. :D

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I didnt really notice it in the first beta. But it caught my eye in this one. It looks pretty clean.....:D
So, are we talking about the mail account icons? If so, those have always been there, they just get updated to their latest ones with some iOS updates.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
More exciting is that you can now turn on Contacts when setting up a Gmail account instead of having to setup a separate CardDAV account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.