Jun 24, 2013, 01:52 PM
Anyone notice the Microsoft look???

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 02:01 PM
Looks a lot like MS outlook IMO

SamGabbay
Jun 24, 2013, 02:02 PM
Anyone notice the Microsoft look???

Total honesty... The MS Icon on my phone for mail looks better than the iCloud icon...

Uh oh.:eek:

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 02:05 PM
Well, Exchange and Outlook accounts are technically Microsoft based accounts, so it would make sense to use the latest Microsoft icons for those (just as the latest Yahoo! icon is used for Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail icon is used for Gmail, etc.).

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 02:07 PM
Well, Exchange and Outlook accounts are technically Microsoft based accounts, so it would make sense to use the latest Microsoft icons for those (just as the latest Yahoo! icon is used for Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail icon is used for Gmail, etc.).

I think he's referring to the overall look of the screen. Not exactly the MS specific icons :p

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 02:41 PM
I think he's referring to the overall look of the screen. Not exactly the MS specific icons :pBut that's not really new/different in beta 2 though since it had that type of look in beta 1 already. :D

sonicrobby
Jun 24, 2013, 02:47 PM
But that's not really new/different in beta 2 though since it had that type look in beta 1 already. :D

Maybe he's just noticing it now? xD

Gjwilly
Jun 24, 2013, 02:50 PM
I think he's referring to the overall look of the screen. Not exactly the MS specific icons :p

If he is talking about the icons then they're not only MS specific.
The specific Yahoo and Gmail icons also show up.

sou1 so1di3r
Jun 24, 2013, 02:55 PM
Looks nifty! 419518

robwilson
Jun 24, 2013, 03:05 PM
Looks nifty! 419518

I didnt really notice it in the first beta. But it caught my eye in this one. It looks pretty clean.....:D

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 03:07 PM
I didnt really notice it in the first beta. But it caught my eye in this one. It looks pretty clean.....:DSo, are we talking about the mail account icons? If so, those have always been there, they just get updated to their latest ones with some iOS updates.

fivedots
Jun 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
More exciting is that you can now turn on Contacts when setting up a Gmail account instead of having to setup a separate CardDAV account.