Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mycoolroy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
I have the new beta Siri voice working on my iPhone five. It sounds great and more realistic, however when I select text on the Internet and click speak the old Siri voice comes out. This is unfortunate because I mostly use Siri's voice when reading books on Kindle or iBooks. And articles on the Internet since I have eyestrain. I did notice there is a download enhanced version for the voices in the settings however after downloading nothing changed. Is this happening for everyone? Anyone know a fix?

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I have the new beta Siri voice working on my iPhone five. It sounds great and more realistic, however when I select text on the Internet and click speak the old Siri voice comes out. This is unfortunate because I mostly use Siri's voice when reading books on Kindle or iBooks. And articles on the Internet since I have eyestrain. I did notice there is a download enhanced version for the voices in the settings however after downloading nothing changed. Is this happening for everyone? Anyone know a fix?

You mean you're using VoiceOver (text to speech)? The VoiceOver voice was there long before Siri. Technically, it has nothing to do with Siri or Siri's voice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.