Don't update it if you don't have a Developers account

a warning...

wellok
Jun 24, 2013, 02:16 PM
False.

fivedots
Jun 24, 2013, 02:16 PM
Except you are completely wrong.

As much as I don't support people who shouldn't be installing iOS 7 doing so, don't go spreading garbage.

And think about: With the prevalence of non-devs installing betas, Apple would be shooting themselves in the proverbial customer service foot by aggressively disabling devices.

skillwill
Jun 24, 2013, 02:18 PM
So glad they've done this ... sick of coming on here and seeing non-devs saying, about a BETA 1 release "iOS 7 is rubbish because ... my Skype not working, it's lagging a bit, the text is overlapping." ... All very easy to sort and will be by public release - doesn't mean there's anything fundamentally wrong with the new OS!

edit:
... darn you got my hopes up! Still stand by my point though

Will2145
Jun 24, 2013, 02:20 PM
Wrong sir

wellok
Jun 24, 2013, 02:22 PM
So glad they've done this ... sick of coming on here and seeing non-devs saying, about a BETA 1 release "iOS 7 is rubbish because ... my Skype not working, it's lagging a bit, the text is overlapping." ... All very easy to sort and will be by public release - doesn't mean there's anything fundamentally wrong with the new OS!

edit:

You'd just see "iOS 7 beta 2 put my phone in DFU mode, what do I do?" 100 times a day instead.

fivedots
Jun 24, 2013, 02:23 PM

edit:
The only tangible solution would be to hang out in an actual developer's forum. I think there is probably only 5 or so actual devs in this iOS section.

phr0ze
Jun 24, 2013, 02:42 PM
The only tangible solution would be to hang out in an actual developer's forum. I think there is probably only 5 or so actual devs in this iOS section.

Your username is relevant to the new ios 7 using 5 dots for full signal strength. Some kinda oracle? :cool:

naasrd
Jun 24, 2013, 02:44 PM

a warning...

Nonsense. It all worked out fine for me.

Jordan921
Jun 24, 2013, 03:38 PM

a warning...

Thanks for the warning. My iPhone 5 is working perfectly fine.

stridemat
Jun 24, 2013, 03:41 PM
MOD NOTE

We're closing this thread because it does seem that installing iOS 7 Beta 2 does not 'brick' your iDevice, and as such this discussion is no longer needed.