PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Beta 2, performance on iPad 2?

ra4oasis
Jun 24, 2013, 02:47 PM
I'd love to try iOS 7, but I don't want to put it on my primary device (iPhone 5). But i'd be more than happy to install it on my iPad 2, since if it breaks, who cares, restore back to iOS 6. Anyone have it installed on an iPad 2 yet, and if so, how is it performing?

rrahimi
Jun 24, 2013, 03:06 PM
I installed it on iPad 2. It went fine, restarted, then asked tried restoring from iCloud which also seems to have gone fine.

Then came the second restart, and after slide-to-unlock it asked me for iCloud password. Every time I try to enter the password it locks up, shows the black screen with white Apple and then goes back to "Enter your iCloud password.."

Basically stuck on this screen. Can't go anywhere and even restore from iTunes wouldn't work as it tells me that I have to turn off iCloud before I can restore!! :mad::mad:

Gav2k
Jun 24, 2013, 03:11 PM
I installed it on iPad 2. It went fine, restarted, then asked tried restoring from iCloud which also seems to have gone fine.

Then came the second restart, and after slide-to-unlock it asked me for iCloud password. Every time I try to enter the password it locks up, shows the black screen with white Apple and then goes back to "Enter your iCloud password.."

Basically stuck on this screen. Can't go anywhere and even restore from iTunes wouldn't work as it tells me that I have to turn off iCloud before I can restore!! :mad::mad:

Do a dfu restore of your device. Once that's done during the setup skip the iTunes account and iCloud steps and add them manually through settings later