PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 speakers

clcnyc
Nov 7, 2005, 01:55 PM
I'm getting ready to replace my iMac G4 with the new G5 (isight) model and have one big concern: are the speakers better this time around? I listen to all my music at home through my computer and need to know if I should also invest in seperate speakers. Could new owners please advise? Much appreciated:)

Danksi
Nov 7, 2005, 02:01 PM
I'm getting ready to replace my iMac G4 with the new G5 (isight) model and have one big concern: are the speakers better this time around? I listen to all my music at home through my computer and need to know if I should also invest in seperate speakers. Could new owners please advise? Much appreciated:)

The speakers on my Rev.C iMac 17inch, are OK for occasional listening, working with Movies etc. However if I were to use them regularly I'd use headphones, hook it up to my stereo system or get some external speakers.

mr_matalino
Nov 7, 2005, 02:20 PM
I just got my 20" last Friday. LOVE IT!! I'm not a big fan of stock computer speakers. I had a set of SoundSticks II waiting when I bought mine. If you plan on even just listening to music, I'd go for a set of good quality external speakers. It makes you iMac experience that much better...:D

the.tourist77
Nov 7, 2005, 04:15 PM
I have purchased an optical lead so I can plug my iMac straight into my home cinema amp.

Just got to wait for the b****y iMac to arrive now!