PDA

View Full Version : iOS7 has revealed my phone was hacked?

jmmo20
Jun 24, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hi,
I'm an experienced developer but I think I have come across somethign I cannot explain. I had to restore my iOS7 iphone, and chose to recover from the icloud backup.

Now, iOS cleverly asks for all your Store passwords before actually restoring, so it actually asked for my itunes passwords - I have a couple of acccounts form the different countries Iīve lived in.

HOWEVER; It also asked for for two email accounts I HAVE NEVER SEEN, which are totally unknown to me. One hotmail, one gmail accounts.

My guess is

a) it's either a HUGE privacy-security bug
b) someone used my phone wihtout my consent, logged into their itunes stores to do something (who knows what..).

What do you guys think?
I never hand my phone to anyone, my friends donīt play with it, I have no kids to play with it.

adcx64
Jun 24, 2013, 03:07 PM
Has anyone had access to your iTunes account on your computer?

Stuke00
Jun 24, 2013, 03:09 PM
Do you have music on your phone? Friend of mine had download music via torrents on the web and it had someone else's Apple ID embedded in them. It then prompted him for the password to that account.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
"Users who have a single device with iCloud Keychain on will not be presented with the correct iCloud Keychain setup screens after restoring from a backup."

Does this have something to do with that?

rrahimi
Jun 24, 2013, 03:19 PM
Do you have music on your phone? Friend of mine had download music via torrents on the web and it had someone else's Apple ID embedded in them. It then prompted him for the password to that account.

I second this. Most likely pirated music with someone else's iTunes account data embedded in the files.

iBreatheApple
Jun 24, 2013, 04:55 PM
I second this. Most likely pirated music with someone else's iTunes account data embedded in the files.

When I used to pirate music (and trust me - I no longer do, I have an insanely glutted itunes receipt folder in mail to prove it) I used to just convert the track to AAC and it would strip the iTunes user data of the original file. Perhaps that will help until you (OP) pay for the songs yourself. I "caved" because it's just so simple to buy it. It's organized and you have your album artwork from the get-go.

Sheza
Jun 24, 2013, 04:57 PM
I third the pirated music thing. I often wondered why, when I authorized my PC with my iTunes library, it would have someone else's iTunes email filled out. I figure this makes sense.

ijohn.8.80
Jun 24, 2013, 08:08 PM

When I used to pirate music (and trust me - I no longer do, I have an insanely glutted itunes receipt folder in mail to prove it)

I third the pirated music thing

I'd go with this too. Naughty, naughty... :p

DavidMarks
Jun 24, 2013, 08:21 PM
I'd go with this too. Naughty, naughty... :p

I third the pirated music thing. I often wondered why, when I authorized my PC with my iTunes library, it would have someone else's iTunes email filled out. I figure this makes sense.

When I used to pirate music (and trust me - I no longer do, I have an insanely glutted itunes receipt folder in mail to prove it)

I 'fifth' this... eheh

nishimura
Jun 24, 2013, 08:26 PM
Hi,
I'm an experienced developer but I think I have come across somethign I cannot explain. I had to restore my iOS7 iphone, and chose to recover from the icloud backup.

Now, iOS cleverly asks for all your Store passwords before actually restoring, so it actually asked for my itunes passwords - I have a couple of acccounts form the different countries Iīve lived in.

HOWEVER; It also asked for for two email accounts I HAVE NEVER SEEN, which are totally unknown to me. One hotmail, one gmail accounts.

My guess is

a) it's either a HUGE privacy-security bug
b) someone used my phone wihtout my consent, logged into their itunes stores to do something (who knows what..).

What do you guys think?
I never hand my phone to anyone, my friends donīt play with it, I have no kids to play with it.

This happens. It's from the apps that you have. Either it's from your iTunes Music or from the App Store or from your Carrier but you haven't been hacked.

Somehow the content offers email accounts when restoring, I don't know where it comes from.

I have switched out phones from the Apple Store, but something in my content always asks for an email whenever I do an iCloud backup.

Maybe it's an iCloud bug??

I get the email, someone at djyoda@gmail.com or something like that.