Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LooRoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
:mad: I really am at the end of my tether with Apple….. I’m posting this on several different forums hoping that someone somewhere will be able to help me.

I brought a mini i-pod for my younger sister back in June. By August the battery was draining itself, meaning whenever my sister charged it up as soon as she switched it on it would be flat within a couple of hours. Obviously this was not right and as we don’t live too near an Apple store, requested the online support.

They sent UPS packaging in a couple of days and she followed the instructions and got it picked up and sent back.

Well, fast-forward a couple of weeks. My sister rang the Apple support line to check on the status, as we couldn’t access it online. The woman assured her it had just been fixed and that it was on its way back to us and we should get it in a couple of days.

We waited another week and rang up to check again as we were getting a bit worried as it had been a while since the lady said it was sent out. This time the person definitely assured us it was on the way back to us and we should get it in a couple of days. Again, we waited 5 days and we rang again (see a pattern forming here?) and received a similar answer.

After another 5 days I rang as I felt my sister was being fobbed off by the support people. :mad: I spoke to a man who first gave me the ‘you’ll get it in 2 days spiel’ I put my foot down and insisted he looked further into it. He put me on hold and came back saying there had been a problem with the dispatch and that he has requested for it to go as soon as possible. He asked me to ring back in 2 days to check that it had gone.

So, I rang back in 2 days and managed to strike it lucky with a semi-helpful man on the phone. I was on the phone to him for well over an hour and a half and it came to light that APPLE HAVE NEVER RECEIVED THE FAULTY I-POD.:mad: :mad: :mad: Whatever all this rubbish was about it being fixed and sent out was all lies. If they had told us this 4 weeks ago we may have been able to trace the parcel but because they have been faffing around pretending it had been fixed it’s probably long gone.

Anyway, this guy says I’ve put a priority on the case and I’ve put a trace on the parcel with UPS and we’ll try and get it sorted. Though he did say it could take ages to get anything done. I also contacted UPS as, by this point, I don’t have much faith in Apple.

Today UPS contacted me to say a week on Apple still haven’t contacted them (Apple need to raise the concern) and did I want to take matters into my own hands and raise the problem.:(

Does anyone, anywhere have a contact for Apple UK that goes straight to them? Not to customer care support, not to some automated system actually to a person WHO CAN HELP US.

I feel so bad for my sister; I brought her this as a present, which was obviously faulty when new. We now have nothing to show for the money I spent and no-body seems particularly bothered about helping us. I’m banging my head against a brick wall,:mad: it has been nearly 6 weeks and nothing even though I’m constantly contacting them.

Sorry for very very long post, I just need to get this sorted otherwise I can imagine it getting left and us not getting anything back.

Thank you.
LooRoo

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
LooRoo said:
:mad: I really am at the end of my tether with Apple….. I’m posting this on several different forums hoping that someone somewhere will be able to help me.

I brought a mini i-pod for my younger sister back in June. By August the battery was draining itself, meaning whenever my sister charged it up as soon as she switched it on it would be flat within a couple of hours. Obviously this was not right and as we don’t live too near an Apple store, requested the online support.

They sent UPS packaging in a couple of days and she followed the instructions and got it picked up and sent back.

Well, fast-forward a couple of weeks. My sister rang the Apple support line to check on the status, as we couldn’t access it online. The woman assured her it had just been fixed and that it was on its way back to us and we should get it in a couple of days.

We waited another week and rang up to check again as we were getting a bit worried as it had been a while since the lady said it was sent out. This time the person definitely assured us it was on the way back to us and we should get it in a couple of days. Again, we waited 5 days and we rang again (see a pattern forming here?) and received a similar answer.

After another 5 days I rang as I felt my sister was being fobbed off by the support people. :mad: I spoke to a man who first gave me the ‘you’ll get it in 2 days spiel’ I put my foot down and insisted he looked further into it. He put me on hold and came back saying there had been a problem with the dispatch and that he has requested for it to go as soon as possible. He asked me to ring back in 2 days to check that it had gone.

So, I rang back in 2 days and managed to strike it lucky with a semi-helpful man on the phone. I was on the phone to him for well over an hour and a half and it came to light that APPLE HAVE NEVER RECEIVED THE FAULTY I-POD.:mad: :mad: :mad: Whatever all this rubbish was about it being fixed and sent out was all lies. If they had told us this 4 weeks ago we may have been able to trace the parcel but because they have been faffing around pretending it had been fixed it’s probably long gone.

Anyway, this guy says I’ve put a priority on the case and I’ve put a trace on the parcel with UPS and we’ll try and get it sorted. Though he did say it could take ages to get anything done. I also contacted UPS as, by this point, I don’t have much faith in Apple.

Today UPS contacted me to say a week on Apple still haven’t contacted them (Apple need to raise the concern) and did I want to take matters into my own hands and raise the problem.:(

Does anyone, anywhere have a contact for Apple UK that goes straight to them? Not to customer care support, not to some automated system actually to a person WHO CAN HELP US.

I feel so bad for my sister; I brought her this as a present, which was obviously faulty when new. We now have nothing to show for the money I spent and no-body seems particularly bothered about helping us. I’m banging my head against a brick wall,:mad: it has been nearly 6 weeks and nothing even though I’m constantly contacting them.

Sorry for very very long post, I just need to get this sorted otherwise I can imagine it getting left and us not getting anything back.

Thank you.
LooRoo

So, are you new to this whole "technology" thing?....

No, haha, sorry, you should get it back.

XNine

macrumors 68040
#1, it could have jsut needed a software update. Those iPods do NOT like syncing uyp with iTuens when the firmware on the iPod isn't the altest release to iTunes.

#2. UPS sucks. I would have requested a tracking number. This should be common knowldge for ebveryone to do now.

#3. You will not get straight into Apple Corporate. You won't. That's why there are customer service lines. I would have asked for the man's name, extension, employee ID and ask if you can reach him when trying to contact Apple about this.

#4. Call Apple, ask them to look at the notes in the system, and transfer you to whomever you talked to so they can continue to help. This isn't Apple's fault. They don't know if this piece of mail is on its way. It's not their responsibility to look forward to it, as so many people request it and then never send anything in. You need to get a hold of UPS and sort it out with them, let them know that there's a $400 piece of equipment in that package, and they had better have it surface soon.

LooRoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Have done already...

Onizuka said:
#1, it could have jsut needed a software update. Those iPods do NOT like syncing uyp with iTuens when the firmware on the iPod isn't the altest release to iTunes. Done, was all up to date

#2. UPS sucks. I would have requested a tracking number. This should be common knowldge for ebveryone to do now. I have one - it says the same as it has said for weeks now.

#3. You will not get straight into Apple Corporate. You won't. That's why there are customer service lines. I would have asked for the man's name, extension, employee ID and ask if you can reach him when trying to contact Apple about this. Also done but they will never put you through to the same person, I either get through to someone in Sweden or India. It's never in the same place.

#4. Call Apple, ask them to look at the notes in the system, and transfer you to whomever you talked to so they can continue to help. This isn't Apple's fault. They don't know if this piece of mail is on its way. It's not their responsibility to look forward to it, as so many people request it and then never send anything in. You need to get a hold of UPS and sort it out with them, let them know that there's a $400 piece of equipment in that package, and they had better have it surface soon.
UPS have told me that they can't put a trace on it as Apple have to request it. What is bothering me is that Apple say they're going to put a urgent trace on it and they don't. They keep saying they're going to do things and then it doesn't happen. After 6 weeks i'm beginning to get a bit fed up.

I don't know what else I can do.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Well, what did you find out about the package and was it insured? It should have some basic insurance on it. Just get your money back from UPS, and sorry to say, but like someone else said, you have to be careful when you are shipping things. I was so paranoid about my powerbooks going in to Apple that I would not even give them to the shipper myself, for fear they would return it to my address and I might not be home. I took it to the Apple store so THEY could ship it for me. Much more reassurance and less headaches that way. Be smart. Businesses are only as good as the weakest human chain in their link -- meaning: you are dealing with fallable people, not nameless entities. How did you send it UPS? Sounds like you sent it without delivery confirmation or anything. But hopefully, insurance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.