PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV - iOS 5.4 Beta install Question

jozeppy26
Jun 24, 2013, 04:53 PM
I hope this is the right place to put this but... how do i install iOS 5.4 beta for the Apple TV gen 3?

mrapplegate
Jun 24, 2013, 04:58 PM
I hope this is the right place to put this but... how do i install iOS 5.4 beta for the Apple TV gen 3?

I've never done it but I assume you just follow the installation guide PDF at the developers site. Register the UDID of the TV, plug a micro USB cord to the computer and Apple TV and update.

PezCore
Jun 24, 2013, 06:03 PM
IF you are a registered developer, you need to download the 5.4 beta file. Then on the back of the Apple TV there is a micro USB port underneath the HDMI port. Plug a micro USB cord into that then into your computer with iTunes running. Once it is recognized, SHIFT+click or OPT+click to locate your file, select it and you're done.

jozeppy26
Jun 25, 2013, 09:20 PM
IF you are a registered developer, you need to download the 5.4 beta file. Then on the back of the Apple TV there is a micro USB port underneath the HDMI port. Plug a micro USB cord into that then into your computer with iTunes running. Once it is recognized, SHIFT+click or OPT+click to locate your file, select it and you're done.

I figured it out. I had to keep my Apple TV plugged in for iTunes to recognize it. For some reason I waited FAR too long to try that.