PDA

View Full Version : iOS7 bricked my ipad

tooshaggy
Jun 24, 2013, 08:20 PM
I have tried to reinstall the ios7 beta2 several times to no avail. I can't restore because find my ipad is on.
It wont let me downgrade to iOS6.
I got into the activation screen, and set it up, but now I cant get past the apple logo. It just shows the apple logo over and over. Will not start up.
What do I do!!???
I am a developer, and the device is registered. Its an iPad4. non cellular.

Thanks!

lienhart
Jun 24, 2013, 08:21 PM
Same here :/ hoping to find a solution soon.

WB2Colorado
Jun 24, 2013, 08:41 PM
Does putting it into DFU mode and restoring to iOS 6 not work?

jimsowden
Jun 24, 2013, 08:42 PM
Bricked means you can't get to DFU mode to restore. So do that, and then if you can't, not much can be done.

tooshaggy
Jun 24, 2013, 08:50 PM
Sorry, I can get into DFU mode. Just don't want to have to do it.

batting1000
Jun 24, 2013, 08:53 PM

Lol, well there's no other way to restore. If you want to use your iPad again, you'll have to go into DFU mode.

eclipseblur954
Jun 24, 2013, 08:56 PM

As a developer you should know your device isn't bricked then...

mmomega
Jun 24, 2013, 09:20 PM
Just clean restored mine with zero problems.

Try backing everything up, installing fresh and then you can restore your info from iCloud.

aldejesus
Jun 24, 2013, 09:24 PM
Having the same issue, restoring to iOS 6 and after that i will deactivate the Find my iPad feature. Then restoring to iOS 7 and will let you know if its solve.

tremlock
Jun 24, 2013, 09:25 PM
Update, don't restore

darkfiber
Jun 24, 2013, 09:37 PM
I have tried to reinstall the ios7 beta2 several times to no avail. I can't restore because find my ipad is on.
It wont let me downgrade to iOS6.
I got into the activation screen, and set it up, but now I cant get past the apple logo. It just shows the apple logo over and over. Will not start up.
What do I do!!???
I am a developer, and the device is registered. Its an iPad4. non cellular.

Thanks!

If your a developer wouldn't you get better results if you posted this on Apple's Developer Forums? You would probably get better help there.

https://devforums.apple.com

tooshaggy
Jun 25, 2013, 11:32 AM
Solution: DFU Restored back to iOS6, then updated to 7. No issues.

robwilson
Jun 25, 2013, 01:15 PM
If your a developer wouldn't you get better results if you posted this on Apple's Developer Forums? You would probably get better help there.

Apple says: Show me da money......LOL:D

darkfiber
Jun 25, 2013, 04:27 PM
Apple says: Show me da money......LOL:D

I am able to access the developer forums for free. I just used my regular Apple ID to sign in and it worked.

Stuke00
Jun 25, 2013, 04:35 PM
Solution: DFU Restored back to iOS6, then updated to 7. No issues.

I thought bricked meant it was a dead, useless device?

PatrickW98
Jun 25, 2013, 04:36 PM
I had this problem with my iPad on iOS 7. I was able to get it into DFU mode and I'm now restoring to iOS 6 with a backup. Funny thing is my UDID was registered. =\

darkfiber
Jun 25, 2013, 04:41 PM
I thought bricked meant it was a dead, useless device?

That's what I always thought as well. But according to Wikipedia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_%28electronics%29

"In one common sense of the term, "bricking" suggests that the damage, often a misconfiguration of essential on-board software, is so serious as to have rendered the device permanently unusable.

However, another use of the term "bricked" is understood to describe a situation where a device is unable to function even when the device does have potential to be recovered later to a working state. In this sense, the damage may be reversible; it is only during the period that it's unable to function that the device is deemed "bricked". This is often referred to as a "soft brick" whereas an unrecoverable device is a "hard brick"."

nikicampos
Jun 25, 2013, 04:46 PM

The worst comment in a forum ever... and no, you are not a developer.