PDA

View Full Version : I simply restored to Beta 2 on my iPad2 with no udid or registration, im stuck. Help.

bll00
Jun 24, 2013, 09:07 PM
Hi,

So I simply restored to iOS 7 beta 2 without reading my udid or doing anything other than just downloading and restoring. I am now stuck on the "Activation Error" page which tells me that my device is not registered. What is the solution ? Please help a newbie out. Thank you :)

Sky Blue
Jun 24, 2013, 09:11 PM
Hi,
What is the solution ?

Restore back to 6 with your backup

FelixDerKater
Jun 24, 2013, 09:16 PM
Restore back to 6 with your backup

You will need to put the device into recovery mode when connecting to the computer.

tremlock
Jun 24, 2013, 09:27 PM
You need to update, not restore

binaryskies
Jun 24, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hi,

So I simply restored to iOS 7 beta 2 without reading my udid or doing anything other than just downloading and restoring. I am now stuck on the "Activation Error" page which tells me that my device is not registered. What is the solution ? Please help a newbie out. Thank you :)

I did the same thing with Beta 1. If you're using a Mac you can go into your iTunes Backup Folder and the name of the folder is actually your UDID. I believe it's under /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/. You'll see a folder with a bunch of letters and numbers. Just copy that and register that at the dev center. Then you should be error free.

charlituna
Jun 25, 2013, 10:58 PM
Hi,

Google how to DFU restore, put iOS 6 back on your iPad and wait for the public release. You are either a bootlegger that didn't do his homework first or a developer that didn't. But either way you really should not be messing with preview software