PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Beta 2: Bugs and Problems

Elusivelattice
Jun 24, 2013, 10:22 PM
Lets do this again, shall we?

What are some bugs you're noticing in Beta 2?

Overall, I would say Beta 2 is substantially smoother and significantly closer to the buttery smoothness we've come to expect from Apple and iOS. Needless to say, there are still problems (it's only Beta 2 afterall!).

Bugs that I can confirm:

In the messages app, there seems to be a blank bar at the bottom of the screen (sometimes) when viewing all the message threads. This goes away when the app is manually closed and reopened, but seems to eventually come back and stay until it's closed again.

It seems that when that bar mentioned above is visible, navigating into a text thread and trying to delete a message (by tapping and holding on a message and selecting "more"), the delete/forward buttons are missing.

If you restart the phone, a pop up box prompts you to enter your iCloud password. This happens every time the phone is restarted it seems.

Status bar seems to SOMETIMES overlap notifications when on the homescreen (Time, battery status, etc overlaps the incoming notification)

After inserting an image into a text message, adding text to the image results in the cursor jumping back before the first letter so that the first letter you type becomes the last. Must manually reposition the cursor after typing the first letter.

Music controls are permanently viewed on the lock screen when playing music (no access to clock by double clicking home button)

Scenarios where long messages or messages that were dictated are truncated to one line and half the letters of the next line when sent. Recipient still receives full message, however.

Picking a song for an alarm doesn't work (shows white screen and returns to last page). Selecting a default alarm sound still works however

Sometimes the gesture for pulling down notification center or pulling up control center doesn't work. Seems to be a correlation with this happening after using the multitask screen to open another app

When changing the wallpaper, the dock doesn't update to match. Fixes itself after a restart

Attempting to define a word using built in dictionary yields empty results

Bugs that have been reported that I have not yet tried to confirm myself:

Can't answer phone calls when playing music

Can anyone confirm these bugs on their phones? What else have you guys found? In case anyone is wondering, the bugs I have confirmed are on an iPhone 5.

batting1000
Jun 24, 2013, 10:23 PM
Lets do this again, shall we?

What are some bugs you're noticing in Beta 2?

Overall, I would say Beta 2 is substantially smoother and significantly closer to the buttery smoothness we've come to expect from Apple and iOS. Needless to say, there are still problems (it's only Beta 2 afterall!).

Bugs I've noticed so far:

In the messages app, there seems to be a blank bar at the bottom of the screen when viewing all the message threads. This goes away when the app is manually closed and reopened, but seems to eventually come back and stay until it's closed again.

It seems that when that bar mentioned above is visible, navigating into a text thread and trying to delete a message (by tapping and holding on a message and selecting "more") the delete/forward buttons are missing.

If you restart the phone, a pop up box prompts you to enter your iCloud password. This happens every time the phone is restarted it seems.

Can anyone confirm these bugs on their phones? What else have you guys found?

You're about 10 hours late.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1601305

Elusivelattice
Jun 24, 2013, 10:26 PM
You're about 10 hours late.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1601305

That thread is on bug fixes and changes between beta 1 and beta 2. This thread is geared specifically towards NEW or unchanged bugs in Beta 2 compared to Beta 1. Although I'm sure a lot of the bugs are being discussed there, I thought it would be nice to have a thread specifically on the new bugs rather than on the bugs that have been fixed.

batting1000
Jun 24, 2013, 10:27 PM
That thread is on bug fixes and changes between beta 1 and beta 2. This thread is geared specifically towards NEW or unchanged bugs in Beta 2 compared to Beta 1. Although I'm sure a lot of the bugs are being discussed there, I thought it would be nice to have a thread specifically on the new bugs rather than on the bugs that have been fixed.

We don't need two bug threads. The original thread is for all bugs in general in beta 2, whether they're new or not. You won't get in trouble for posting a new bug in that thread. :rolleyes:

Elusivelattice
Jun 24, 2013, 10:43 PM
We don't need two bug threads. The original thread is for all bugs in general in beta 2, whether they're new or not. You won't get in trouble for posting a new bug in that thread. :rolleyes:

Notice how OP's first post in the other thread is being updated about positive changes? I just figured it would be nice to have a thread about strictly current bugs (with the original post updated by me). That way it's easy to find what bugs are in the current build. BUT HEY, if you guys like making your lives more difficult, then so be it! :p

batting1000
Jun 24, 2013, 10:51 PM
It's too redundant.

Fluttershy
Jun 24, 2013, 11:07 PM
Can't answer phone calls if music.app is playing music.

Tried:
- iPhone earphones
- phone locked + music on
- phone unlocked + music on

Kohkane
Jun 24, 2013, 11:15 PM
Its not redundant at all. I'd rather have one thread about changes and fixes and one thread about new problems that arose than trying to skim through the giant mess that would ensure with just one thread.

Anywho, on the lock screen the clock starts in the middle and fixes itself after a few seconds. I can't seem to repeat this all the time though, it's really random

Elusivelattice
Jun 24, 2013, 11:15 PM
Can't answer phone calls if music.app is playing music.

Tried:
- iPhone earphones
- phone locked + music on
- phone unlocked + music on

That's a big one! Is it just when music.app is playing music? What about pandora, spotify, or other any other source of audio being played besides from music.app?

xdxdaustin
Jun 24, 2013, 11:34 PM
my touch screen stops working randomly sometimes :confused:

Fluttershy
Jun 24, 2013, 11:35 PM
That's a big one! Is it just when music.app is playing music? What about pandora, spotify, or other any other source of audio being played besides from music.app?

on Pandora:

same results cant asnwer phone

then pandora crashes

WhackyNinja
Jun 24, 2013, 11:44 PM
Apparently when you try to Pick a Song for your Alarm. It shows a white screen then closes. The app itself however doesnt crash.

aimee.elizabeth
Jun 24, 2013, 11:49 PM
Another big one with music is when you have music playing, the music controls on the lock screen stays no matter what. It doesn't respond to double clicking home button or locking the screen. This means you can't see the time or date at all if you have music playing. The only way to get the time and date back on the lock screen is if you stop playing the music.

And I think this thread is necessary. People are reporting new/old bugs in the other thread as well, but it's mixed with changes/fixes. And the OP of that thread have only put changes/fixes on the first post, not old/new bugs with beta 2.

Sylon
Jun 25, 2013, 12:03 AM
If you have the "Simpsons Tapped Out" game, and you go into the Settings app on the iPad, scroll the side panel down until you see "Simpsons Tapped Out" game, tap on it and the Settings app will crash. This is the only app in the list that crashes on me.

soulreaver99
Jun 25, 2013, 12:38 AM
I'm on an iPhone 5. Home button doesn't work when I'm navigating through the home screens and application folders. However, it does work when I want to leave an app. WTF :confused:

UPDATE: Issue resolved after restarting the device... yay for now!

Lalojeda
Jun 25, 2013, 01:05 AM
1. The upper bar that displays carrier, time and battery gets overlapped with the system one while on home screen when you open settings, so the black typo covers white typo.

2. Also while using Siri and when you tap to correct something you said, while you are typing the cursor flashes away to the left of the screen, but you still can write normally.

3. The cover flow replacement doesn't display all covers just a few.

4. While trying focus the typing cursor in Safari on a different place inside the same text box, it goes insane and either it gets you to the beginning or the end of the web page.

----------

I'm using an iPhone 4s

Elusivelattice
Jun 25, 2013, 02:02 AM
Another bug I've noticed is that swiping down from the top for the notification center or swiping up from the bottom for control center is occasionally unresponsive. Meaning, it doesn't register the gesture. Has happened to me twice so far, once I was in settings and again when I was in the messages app. Only happens sometimes.

JoEw
Jun 25, 2013, 02:05 AM
Using dictation inside messages creates a weird font size and a new line underneath the cursor line if you cancel or if it can not understand what you say.

Sylon
Jun 25, 2013, 02:08 AM
Another bug I've noticed is that swiping down from the top for the notification center or swiping up from the bottom for control center is occasionally unresponsive. Meaning, it doesn't register the gesture. Has happened to me twice so far, once I was in settings and again when I was in the messages app. Only happens sometimes.

I've noticed it happens anytime I have used multitasking (double tapping the home button). After that, Notification and Control Centers stop working. Putting the screen to sleep and waking it up brings them back.

rodolfo7171
Jun 25, 2013, 02:08 AM

mine does that once i hit low power below 20% and im stuck on the lock screen. once i start charging and get over 20% it works again

aimee.elizabeth
Jun 25, 2013, 03:01 AM
I've noticed it happens anytime I have used multitasking (double tapping the home button). After that, Notification and Control Centers stop working. Putting the screen to sleep and waking it up brings them back.

You're right, tried to bring up control center while on the multitasking screen, and phone just froze. There's maybe an inch of the control center popping up from the bottom and it's stuck there.

Gav2k
Jun 25, 2013, 05:44 AM
Safari - buggy and slow. Crashes etc

Music app - EarPods control to skip etc doesn't work. iTunes Match slow crashes etc. can make answer calls etc. Siri unresponsive.

jabingla2810
Jun 25, 2013, 05:55 AM
When changing the wallpaper on my iPod the dock doesn't 'update' to match.

Restarting the iPod fixes it, but it makes changing the wallpaper a long process.

Wasn't a problem with BETA 1 so i'm sure this will be fixed going forward.

nanolife
Jun 25, 2013, 06:39 AM
Not sure if entirely new but trying to set the date and time always freezes my i5.
Also, endless boot loop! I had to restore in order to use that again. :confused:

mkstewartesq@co
Jun 25, 2013, 06:48 AM
Posted in another thread:

This has occurred both on my iPhone 5 and my iPad 3. When sending a message that is longer than eight or 10 lines, the message will send it just fine. However, in iMessages, it will only show the first line or so in my outbox. This cannot be expanded and you cannot see the rest of the message that you sent. See screenshot here - http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=419612&d=1372118873 .

I tried sending a test message to myself up about 10 lines. In my outbox, the message was truncated as shown. In my inbox, so to speak, the whole message was received, but I cannot read the whole message, as it will not allow me to scroll down all the way to the end. The gray word balloon that would normally contain the whole message is only one line long, so the whole message is there but all of the first line are displayed as being outside of the gray word balloon.

Mike

aDRock1154
Jun 25, 2013, 06:54 AM

Mine did that to me last night! I couldn't even unlock my phone :eek:

Ah the life of a beta tester..

saldawop
Jun 25, 2013, 06:57 AM
Has anybody tried using a gmail account (exchange) .
I have used it on ios6 and ios7 beta 1 with no problem ,I can use it on beta 2 if I restore from a backup but I want to set it up as a new phone.

I can enter all my details and they are all verified but as soon as I try to get my mail a pop up appears saying"Cannot get mail Connection to server failed"

EDIT: It seems it is because Google has stopped Google Sync for new connections, and the fact that I am setting up an old account afresh it counts as a new connection.

Sodner
Jun 25, 2013, 06:58 AM
When setting a wallpaper the choices at the bottom of the screen, to Cancel, Set Home, Set Main or Set Both is pretty much unreadable no matter what wallpaper you choose.

coffeemadmanUK
Jun 25, 2013, 07:01 AM
After getting beta 2 I get no notifications on the lock screen. It vibrates, the screen lights up but all it shows is my background, the time and "Slide to unlock".

Not the best thing to happen!

(The bug has been reported)

saldawop
Jun 25, 2013, 07:12 AM
In Games centre, on the "Me" page ,it seems that your name gets split over two lines so I am
Saldawo
p

dominic252
Jun 25, 2013, 07:29 AM
At least for me, if you're on the home screen and get a notification, the status bar doesn't go away and is overlayed over the notification

^^ CoolMacLover
Jun 25, 2013, 08:37 AM
iPhone 5 - Siri hates me and doesn't want to listen. It does it didit to start and didit to finish right away without any chance for input.

ajvizzgamer101
Jun 25, 2013, 09:17 AM
On my iPad, Procreate just refuses to install. On my iPhone, about.me app refused to install but I installed iOS 7 again and about.me installed but it does not work.

junior0717
Jun 25, 2013, 09:25 AM
Cannot share to facebook or twitter inside youtube app.

Not sure if this is system wide (dont know where else there is a share option) or just limited to the youtube app.

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 09:43 AM
I'm still having problems with the camera app. It crashes most of the time and restarts the phone!

Works sometime but crashes most.

The Flying Kite
Jun 25, 2013, 09:57 AM
Since updating to iOS 7 beta 2, I'm no longer able to move my app icons around. After a second of holding down on the app icon, the phone crashes and goes to the startup logo then back to the lockscreen. I have tried turning off and on my phone, holding the home button and lock button, and I even left my phone with 0% battery overnight and it still won't work.

The13thDoctor
Jun 25, 2013, 10:00 AM
my damn keyboard shortcuts are all freaking gone. This wouldnt be that big of a deal of i could re-add them, but that doesnt work as well.

tl;dr Keyboard shortcuts arent working

mwhities
Jun 25, 2013, 10:02 AM
Sending an image with test (after) in Messages.

I add an image and then type something after it, the first letter is typed, then the cursor jumps infront of the first letter. I have to reposition the cursor behind the first letter and then finish typing.

EDIT: Added screen shot.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/7ymusa8a.jpg

DanR16
Jun 25, 2013, 10:16 AM
iPad 3 battery life is terrible and the top status bar doesn't move when you go into landscape mode.

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 10:19 AM
How many of you have done a clean restore install of beta 2? Wondering if I should do one or not to see if it gets rid of some of the kinks.

Nanasaki
Jun 25, 2013, 10:37 AM
1. Multi-tasking card view doesn't automatic switch orientation. If you were in portrait then switch to landscape, multi-tasking card will still stay at portrait view.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh546/sakuradragon87/IMG_00051_zpsd37ddbc3.png

2. Keyboard cut off from screen.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh546/sakuradragon87/e19174ed-d801-4473-94a6-624b41913bcd_zpsb5780f5d.jpg

Gogurt48
Jun 25, 2013, 11:07 AM
Here's an interesting bug (sorry if it's been mentioned before). Launch any app. Go to app switcher and close the app you were just in. Press the home button. You'll return to the home screen and your wallpaper will disappear. You'll get a black background instead. Happens every time I've tried it.

To restore your wallpaper, just launch any app and then press the home button.

Bswartz95
Jun 25, 2013, 11:17 AM
"Traffic" in the system services (located in the location services) uses my location a lot! Shutting it off helped my battery. If this has been covered, apologies. Typing on the go!

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 11:18 AM
Here's an interesting bug (sorry if it's been mentioned before). Launch any app. Go to app switcher and close the app you were just in. Press the home button. You'll return to the home screen and your wallpaper will disappear. You'll get a black background instead. Happens every time I've tried it.

Happens to me all the time too. I just lock and unlock.

SoulOfUniverse
Jun 25, 2013, 11:22 AM
Some issues are reviewed here: http://bit.ly/14ur7nz

grockk
Jun 25, 2013, 11:30 AM
iPad 3 battery life is terrible and the top status bar doesn't move when you go into landscape mode.

Reset All Settings cleared every weird thing. Try that as it take like 3 minutes to do.

----------

How many of you have done a clean restore install of beta 2? Wondering if I should do one or not to see if it gets rid of some of the kinks.

Reset All Settings is just as effective at fixing most of these issues.

jererermy
Jun 25, 2013, 11:34 AM
Bug in "Favorites" on Contacts App

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this bug, but for me this was present on beta 1 and migrated over to beta 2. I am running ios 7 beta 2 on my 16gb iPhone 4s. When I enter into the the contacts app, then navigate to my Favorites tab, sometimes it can get stuck where I cannot access my top contact. I have a total of 7 contacts on my favorites list, and my font is on the default size setting, so there has never been any need for me to scroll. Unfortunately, about 40% of the time when I enter into my favorites, the list is stuck in an upward scroll position to where I cannot select the top contact. I can still scroll it downward with my finger to see the top contact, but as soon as I let go it bounces right back up. The top contact hides behind the Favorites label bar. The only way I've resolved this is to get out of the Contacts app, enter into multitasking view, and close the contacts app process. Upon re-entry it tends to be unstuck.

I hope I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm also curious if this is only an issue that affects non iPhone 5 users. Since iPhone 5 has more screen real estate, maybe it gets stuck because the beta is having trouble with the smaller screen size every now and then. I'm sure the majority of the testing Apple conducts is on the iPhone 5 because it is the premier hardware at the moment.

Elusivelattice
Jun 25, 2013, 12:51 PM
Posted in another thread:

This has occurred both on my iPhone 5 and my iPad 3. When sending a message that is longer than eight or 10 lines, the message will send it just fine. However, in iMessages, it will only show the first line or so in my outbox. This cannot be expanded and you cannot see the rest of the message that you sent. See screenshot here - http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=419612&d=1372118873 .

I tried sending a test message to myself up about 10 lines. In my outbox, the message was truncated as shown. In my inbox, so to speak, the whole message was received, but I cannot read the whole message, as it will not allow me to scroll down all the way to the end. The gray word balloon that would normally contain the whole message is only one line long, so the whole message is there but all of the first line are displayed as being outside of the gray word balloon.

Mike

Interestingly, doesn't happen to me when the message is long, but this exact thing happens to me in two scenarios involving using dictation. The first is using dictation and then adding more text by typing it. The second is using dictation, having it insert the text and then using dictation again. Both these scenarios have resulted in the same truncated view of the message that you mention on multiple occasions. Copying the truncated message and pasting it in the text box is a workaround for reading what was said in the message for now.

Confirmed, this does indeed happen. Luckily its not a big problem considering how often I open an app and then immediately close it (basically never).

Sending an image with test (after) in Messages.

I add an image and then type something after it, the first letter is typed, then the cursor jumps infront of the first letter. I have to reposition the cursor behind the first letter and then finish typing.

EDIT: Added screen shot.

Image (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/7ymusa8a.jpg)

I can confirm this happens to me as well!

mrgraff
Jun 25, 2013, 02:04 PM
My iPhone 4S decided it was a confused iPad. Multi-tasking to bring up the home screen fixed it though. I can't seem to replicate it though.

mytakeontech
Jun 25, 2013, 02:14 PM
1. I cannot go to multitasking mode. Whenever the try to do that, only thing I see is home wallpaper and nothing else. I could see the card view couple of times just after restore but later on it just disappered.
2. Overall the OS is very sluggish on wifi iPad 3.
3. I cannot hear any sound for itunes Radio. I see the equalizer moving up and down but no sound. Sound is okay from other apps, Youtube etc.

alexpsbe
Jun 25, 2013, 09:26 PM
When a time is sent/recieved in messages & tapped, to bring up options:

Create Event
Show in Calendar
Copy
Cancel

When tapping Cancel, the Messages app crashes. This is proven & tested with 100% accuracy.

----------

My iPhone 4S decided it was a confused iPad. Multi-tasking to bring up the home screen fixed it though. I can't seem to replicate it though.

This happened to me multiple times, especially after using multitasking in one orientation, launching an app in another, and then at the home screen once again in portrait.

----------

Sorry for all the posts :p

At random times Control Center & Notification Center will not be able to be activated, fixed when going to the lockscreen and coming back.

Ryan Burgess
Jun 25, 2013, 09:26 PM
HUGE bug

When using iCloud Keychain to remember credit cards etc...it stores the credit card numbers, in plain text in the safari "auto fill" settings.

Be aware of this if you use iCloud Keychain because anyone can view your card number without typing in any password

Will2145
Jun 25, 2013, 10:05 PM
My status bar only shows carrier when watching a video

sekazi
Jun 25, 2013, 10:10 PM
I doubt it is a bug but I absolutly hate the fact that I cannot see at a glance which dates I have calendar events without having to go to a list view or open each date. Give me at least a color dot on the date to let me know something.

gumnaam
Jun 25, 2013, 10:46 PM
eom

rodman109110
Jun 25, 2013, 10:50 PM
On the iPad (I have gen 3) in safari, the area directly below the address bar is isn't clickable, like there is an invisible bar there where the bookmarks bar used to be.

Abba 701
Jun 25, 2013, 11:32 PM
In the App Store on my iPad 3 when I try to search by release date it says "cannot connect to the App Store".only by relevance you can.Anyway one else having this issue?

Perth12
Jun 26, 2013, 02:39 AM
When using the camera on the lockscreen or Instagram/Facebook the device freezes and then the phone restarts. Have tried with only the relevant app open aswell as other combinations but the same happens. Not sure as to why this happens considering the camera works fine in the app Snapchat.

Using relativley new iPhone 4s.

burningjoe
Jun 26, 2013, 02:42 AM
Just discovered a bug while setting up iCloud Keychain. When it prompts for a mobile number the area Code for Austria is shown as +61, while it should be +43.
They mixed up Austria with Australia. :D

Perth12
Jun 26, 2013, 03:09 AM
Opening apps which have notification badges the red circle is visible in the fullscreen top right hand corner of the app for 2-3 seconds.

iPhone 4s

Sylon
Jun 26, 2013, 05:42 AM
My iPad keeps losing its wifi connection to my router. It just happens randomly and nothing seems to fix it except a hard reboot. Mildly annoying.

Perth12
Jun 26, 2013, 05:57 AM
My iPad keeps losing its wifi connection to my router. It just happens randomly and nothing seems to fix it except a hard reboot. Mildly annoying.

I have the same problem with my iPhone 4s but didnt experience it with beta 1. Hopefully it will be fixed soon

Retrogecko
Jun 27, 2013, 10:06 PM
Kind of Random Bug I noticed today. I had loaded some music onto my test device to see how the music app worked. (One cool new feature, in the Artist view, it seems iTunes Match picks out artist head shots. I'm OCD about my artwork, so this was a really cool feature for me.)

Onto the bug.
It's been working alright, but just recently, when I select a song to play, the music app goes haywire. The artwork flashes on & off and it quickly shuffles through each song on the album. Ultimately, it starts the song.

But If I try to back out into the song/album/artist view, the respective "lists" disappear entirely. Also, I am unable to use any of the music controls unless I shut the app down entirely.

Each music list screen is gone, until the phone is powered down & back on completely.

--

it's a weird bug and just showed up today. Interestingly, I never had any issues like this on beta 1. They seem to be new to beta 2 for me.

Dany M
Jun 27, 2013, 10:26 PM
my phone says its going to take 4 hours to restore from icloud for beta2 :/

Bacong
Jun 27, 2013, 10:39 PM
my phone says its going to take 4 hours to restore from icloud for beta2 :/

much easier to do a backup to your computer.

Rustychicago02
Jun 27, 2013, 10:50 PM
iphone 5. There is about a 5-7 second delay with my keyboard (feels like an eternity) It's not just when I am using iMessage... It's anytime I am using my keyboard, even when I am entering my passcode :( Any suggestions on solving this problem. It's practically impossible to text or use the web or pretty much do anything with this delay

----------

I doubt it is a bug but I absolutly hate the fact that I cannot see at a glance which dates I have calendar events without having to go to a list view or open each date. Give me at least a color dot on the date to let me know something.

I hate this too! It really makes glancing at your work week really difficult!

Steven4838
Jun 27, 2013, 11:16 PM
I know its beta so I'm not gonna ask if there is any solutions to these problems.

Delayed keyboards
Multiple apps crashing
Twitter
Safari
Minion rush
Vines videos won't play
Same with Instagram videos

Bonestle
Jun 28, 2013, 12:15 AM
Just discovered a bug while setting up iCloud Keychain. When it prompts for a mobile number the area Code for Austria is shown as +61, while it should be +43.
They mixed up Austria with Australia. :D

That's pretty funny. Attention to detail please Apple! :p

Rustychicago02
Jun 28, 2013, 01:37 AM
I know its beta so I'm not gonna ask if there is any solutions to these problems.

Delayed keyboards
Multiple apps crashing
Twitter
Safari
Minion rush
Vines videos won't play

I fixed my keyboard delay by turning data and documents in iCloud off.

bbfc
Jun 28, 2013, 02:06 AM

Delayed keyboards
Multiple apps crashing
Twitter
Safari
Minion rush
Vines videos won't play

Have you tried resetting all settings?Fixes a lot of issues.

Retrogecko
Jun 28, 2013, 08:49 AM
Multitasking is buggy on the iPad beta. When I double tap the home button, everything disappears and I just see my wallpaper.

If I go to the main screen, everything comes back. But multitasking on my iPad is pretty much impossible.

sosinsurr
Jun 28, 2013, 09:28 AM
When I was syncing my library last night, my phone kept vibrating going into lock screen mode like I'd just resprang it (JB device), and did the double vibrate like I'd just plugged it in, but nothing happened outside of that. Did it about 6 times.

skiii024
Jun 28, 2013, 02:01 PM
When in landscape and close app...the top bar (time, service, etc) stays landscape even when the phone is upright...happened once.happened once...happened once.:confused:

Battery was fine once the ios was installed...next day all of a sudden battery was dropping 1% every couple minutes.

Touch stopped working randomly under 20% battery life.

Lalojeda
Jun 29, 2013, 12:49 AM
When changing orientation to horizontal the status bar sticks on a side as well as in top...

Lalojeda
Jun 29, 2013, 01:12 AM
Voice notes crashes after 40 min or so of recording and it's not saved

jpg
Jun 29, 2013, 03:12 AM
The bluetooth sharing privacy dialog doesn't work. I wanted to share something via bluetooth yesterday (a friend of mine has a really old cellphone). The apps properly ask for permission but iOS It just shows a white small box. Happened with all 5 apps I tried. Can't upload any pics right now since I am in the middle of nowhere.

Cscottrun
Jun 29, 2013, 12:07 PM
Anyone else an itunes match subscriber and still getting ads when listening to itunes radio?

Bigpearl
Jun 29, 2013, 12:57 PM
Anyone else an itunes match subscriber and still getting ads when listening to itunes radio?

yes i been getting them too

matty.p
Jun 29, 2013, 02:21 PM

I've gotten the billboard "you are listening to iTunes Radio" but that's it and I've been listening for about 1.5 hour each day at the gym

Sylon
Jun 29, 2013, 03:52 PM
Just found out that a game I bought last night on my iPhone (running iOS 6) does not show up in my "Purchased" section of the App Store on my iPad running iOS7b2. Both are on the same iCloud account. Searching for the game in the store shows the price on the button instead of "Install". So that sucks.

vinitmenon
Jun 29, 2013, 05:25 PM
Just found out that a game I bought last night on my iPhone (running iOS 6) does not show up in my "Purchased" section of the App Store on my iPad running iOS7b2. Both are on the same iCloud account. Searching for the game in the store shows the price on the button instead of "Install". So that sucks.

is that game compatible for iphone and ipad both? if it had a different hd game for ipad then u will have to buy ipad version to play on ur ipad.

Sylon
Jun 29, 2013, 06:16 PM
is that game compatible for iphone and ipad both? if it had a different hd game for ipad then u will have to buy ipad version to play on ur ipad.

It's universal, and it wasn't showing up in the "iPhone Apps" category in the "Purchased" section either.

R4z3r
Jun 29, 2013, 07:48 PM
It's universal, and it wasn't showing up in the "iPhone Apps" category in the "Purchased" section either.

I've even had that happen when all my devices were iOS 6.1.3. It sucked but didn't know where to complain about it

----------

I get that a lot on my iPhone 4S. On the home screen, and in Pandora. Seems random but happens rather often for me. In and out of applications. Not limited to one side or the other either

Aidy06
Jun 30, 2013, 07:53 AM
Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned but I couldn't find anything via searching. I can't add an event to calendar on either my iPhone 5 or 4S, if I try to add something to my calendar I get the message 'Cannot Save Event. No calendar has been set.' Am I doing something wrong or is this indeed a bug? Does it happen to anybody else? Thanks

The Flying Kite
Jun 30, 2013, 09:57 AM
Here's a problem with Siri. I tell Siri to "Open Safari". She asks me, "Which of these apps would you like: Ski Safari or Safari." That's perfectly fine. So I say, "Safari," and she says, "Which of these apps do you want: Ski Safari or Safari?" That's definitely not right, but I go along with it. "Safari," I say. "Which of these apps would you like: Ski Safari or Safari?" I finally just press on Safari and give up on her.

whsbuss
Jun 30, 2013, 10:03 AM
Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned but I couldn't find anything via searching. I can't add an event to calendar on either my iPhone 5 or 4S, if I try to add something to my calendar I get the message 'Cannot Save Event. No calendar has been set.' Am I doing something wrong or is this indeed a bug? Does it happen to anybody else? Thanks

Have you selected a default calendar in the settings?

Sylon
Jun 30, 2013, 11:17 AM
2 things, first is the extremely lopsided clock. Wow, the hands aren't centered at all. Not even close. (iPad)

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/Sylon03/PhotoJun30120527PM_20130630121209513_zpsa1eb25bf.jpg

Also, the Photobucket app crashes when you log in. My Android device had to save the day just to upload that pic above :p

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 30, 2013, 11:21 AM
2 things, first is the extremely lopsided clock. Wow, the hands aren't centered at all. Not even close. (iPad)

Image (http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/Sylon03/PhotoJun30120527PM_20130630121209513_zpsa1eb25bf.jpg)

Also, the Photobucket app crashes when you log in. My Android device had to save the day just to upload that pic above :p

The clock-hands for the Cupertino clock are centered. But, the New York clock looks like what you posted. Is that an iOS 7 bug or sloppy work?

Aidy06
Jun 30, 2013, 11:29 AM
I don't understand what you mean, I can't find an option to select a calendar

Sylon
Jun 30, 2013, 11:36 AM
The clock-hands for the Cupertino clock are centered. But, the New York clock looks like what you posted. Is that an iOS 7 bug or sloppy work?

That's the Clock app icon from the homescreen. It could be a bug, it is a dynamic icon and all. But that's what betas are for, finding stuff like this before it hits the general public. Because then we would chalk that up to sloppiness.

munakib
Jun 30, 2013, 11:52 AM
After having iOS7 on my iPhone 4s for over the past week or so, I have decided to downgrade back to 6.1.3. The OS just kept on getting slower with time which could be due to all the new animations/multitasking features but I feel its not at all feasible for the 4s even after it crosses the beta finish line. This is apart from the random crashes of apps (ie. Skype/Contra)which is completely expected for a Beta.

My suggestion to all iPhone 4/4s users is to stick to 6.1.3 if you want the smoother experience on these devices or else upgrade to 5/5s.

leinadhok
Jun 30, 2013, 12:39 PM
... Does it happen to anybody else? Thanks
Encountered this on Beta 1 and couldn't find a solution on the net. Problem solved since restoring to Beta 2.

catsartcox
Jun 30, 2013, 01:47 PM
I am having problem getting mail to automatically download. Using g-mail under fetch.
If I just leave the app alone it will not download mail every 15 minutes as it is spoused to. Instead I have to close the app in multitasking and open it then force a update.

This did not happen in beta one.

Kariya
Jun 30, 2013, 02:59 PM
It is quite buggy even buggier than beta 1. Was forced to stop using it and return to iOS6 in the interim.

Sylon
Jun 30, 2013, 09:21 PM
Not sure if anyone pointed this one out or not, but challenging a friend in GameCenter doesn't work. It lets you setup the message and everything, but when you tap "Send", nothing happens. This was on my iPad.

Andeavor
Jul 1, 2013, 02:40 AM
I found the lock screen has become a bit unstable. Most of the time, the clock appears in the middle and then jumps up top, the unlock mechanism doesn't quite react as well (neither full screen nor bottom) as does the unlocking from a notification; it doesn't seem to recognize the swipe right away or loses it in mid-swipe.

I also experience quite a few crashes/reboots. Nothing major but it usually happens right after I close an app.

bad03xtreme
Jul 1, 2013, 06:59 AM
Siri has become completely useless for me now. The times it actually does recognize my command it never performs it. :mad:

GoCubsGo
Jul 1, 2013, 07:30 AM
I turned off parallax on my phone and now when I use my phone the next time, the screen is buggered. For example, I have 3 favorite people listed in my contacts. The top person is cut off because the screen basically moved upward. I can scroll down but it bounces right back up. The same goes for e-mail, phone messages, text messages, etc. Turning parallax back on fixed the issue.

As I reported elsewhere, I can use the phone a few times (off and on) and then suddenly every single app will crash. I have to reboot. I have done approximately 4 - 5 reboots a day for the last week.

Clicking photos, after having used my phone for a bit after the latest reboot, restarts the phone. I get the Apple logo and a faster reboot than I am accustomed to. It is nice that it restarts on its own quickly, but I don't think this is normal.

Battery is bad. I have to assume the constant reboots aren't really helping.

Usage: I cannot see my usage, it's blank; as though it refuses to calculate. Fixed if I reboot, sometimes.

Keyboard: Often the keyboard will stop functioning. If I am typing, then need to type a #, I cannot get to that keyboard by pressing the "123" icon.

Calls are dropping like crazy, which is not normal for me.

I've never seen more than 3 bars (dots) anywhere with my service.

It would seem that Beta 1 is better than Beta 2 for me. Beta 2 was great for about a week. In the end, I am looking forward to Beta 3.

Mrg02d
Jul 1, 2013, 07:34 AM
After having iOS7 on my iPhone 4s for over the past week or so, I have decided to downgrade back to 6.1.3. The OS just kept on getting slower with time which could be due to all the new animations/multitasking features but I feel its not at all feasible for the 4s even after it crosses the beta finish line. This is apart from the random crashes of apps (ie. Skype/Contra)which is completely expected for a Beta.

My suggestion to all iPhone 4/4s users is to stick to 6.1.3 if you want the smoother experience on these devices or else upgrade to 5/5s.

Yet many more 4s owners report the opposite. Giving 4s owners this advice is really irresponsible considering this is a beta.

jtrascap
Jul 1, 2013, 09:19 AM
Not sure if entirely new but trying to set the date and time always freezes my i5.
Also, endless boot loop! I had to restore in order to use that again. :confused:

I have exactly the same problem on my i5 and I ended-up downgrading to 6.1.4. I'd really prefer to be using the beta - does anyone know a way around this?

nanolife
Jul 1, 2013, 02:00 PM
I have exactly the same problem on my i5 and I ended-up downgrading to 6.1.4. I'd really prefer to be using the beta - does anyone know a way around this?

Surprisingly, after restoring to 6.1.4 and then installing beta 2 again, without restoring any backup, it is fine now. Not sure what gives but it is fine.

hArrisburger
Jul 1, 2013, 03:06 PM
Working off of Beta 2 and the native mail app is not fetching mail on the appropriate intervals.

Wasn't an issue with Beta 1. I have reset all settings and rebooted. Also, removed the accounts, rebooted, and added back. They have worked sporadically, but with little consistency.

DMH3006
Jul 1, 2013, 03:15 PM
Is anyone getting low memory alerts on iPhone 5? If i go on facebook and go through a few friends pages,boom facebook crash,low memory alert but it says that springboard is the one using too many resources :confused:

munakib
Jul 1, 2013, 03:27 PM
Yet many more 4s owners report the opposite. Giving 4s owners this advice is really irresponsible considering this is a beta.

Well that is how I feel and its also my sole opinion. How is it "irresponsible," its an opinion which provides a different perspective and hopefully a notice of caution before every 4S user jumps aboard iOS7 - as when they do, it would be impossible for them to get back down to iOS6.

Do you just want all beta users to drum up how amazing iOS7 is? Whats your angle?

Mrg02d
Jul 1, 2013, 03:32 PM
Well that is how I feel and its also my sole opinion. How is it "irresponsible," its an opinion which provides a different perspective and hopefully a notice of caution before every 4S user jumps aboard iOS7 - as when they do, it would be impossible for them to get back down to iOS6.

Do you just want all beta users to drum up how amazing iOS7 is? Whats your angle?

"My suggestion to all iPhone 4/4s users is to stick to 6.1.3 if you want the smoother experience on these devices or else upgrade to 5/5s."
:rolleyes:

munakib
Jul 1, 2013, 03:44 PM
So all 4s users should stay away - cannot be my opinion?

Edit: FYI based on my experience with the device, its not like I am making all this up based on other ppls claims - which seems to be your position. I am not sure if you have tested iOS7 on a 4s yourself before going all defensive.

pposthoorn
Jul 1, 2013, 03:47 PM
When the battery of my iPhone 5 with Beta 2 runs below ~15% the thouchscreen becomes unresponsive. I'm able to power it on and see the lockscreen but I can't unlock it or access the control or configuration panel.

Reset trough power+home button doesn't help. Only solution is to put it on the charger.

gomoq13
Jul 1, 2013, 05:31 PM
Everytime I send out a SMS or iMessage, I can't go back to main message page. The "<Messages" button on extreme top left just disappears. I have to close message app grok multitasking then re-open it and "<Messages> appears. Anyone got this too?

chekz0414
Jul 1, 2013, 05:43 PM
Is anyone getting low memory alerts on iPhone 5? If i go on facebook and go through a few friends pages,boom facebook crash,low memory alert but it says that springboard is the one using too many resources :confused:

I get this all the time on iPod touch 5th gen, SpringBoard is what is buggy in this beta, and it seems to have gotten buggier than the 1st beta unfortunately.

GravityEyes
Jul 1, 2013, 05:52 PM
Sorry, I skimmed the thread...

But I just noticed that in voicemail -> Deleted Messages you are unable to Clear All. Have to delete each one individually.

parisi2274
Jul 1, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone, I've been working with Beta 2 on a AT&T 4S and I was wondering if anyone else who may be on a 4S was experiencing these same issues:

1. If I record a video and post it to FB, or even try to watch it via the phone, the sound is extremely low (almost like its been muted), and I've confirmed that the volume is all the way up when I record.

2. I have a HP wireless printer that I have setup as an Airprinter, and each time I send something to it, it looks as if it is going to print, but then I get a message on my phone saying the printer is offline (even though I've confirmed via printer settings that that is not the case).

So, if anyone has had the same issues on a 4S please let me know?

hunter2k9
Jul 1, 2013, 08:29 PM
I have problems with shared photo streams, I create one with the pics and everything, it shows on my album page but my friends are telling me they haven't received any invites... I go back and push re-send invitations and still my friends don't get anything, I thought shared PhotoStreams were fixed in iOS 7 Beta 2... can any1 help?

chekz0414
Jul 1, 2013, 08:40 PM
I have problems with shared photo streams, I create one with the pics and everything, it shows on my album page but my friends are telling me they haven't received any invites... I go back and push re-send invitations and still my friends don't get anything, I thought shared PhotoStreams were fixed in iOS 7 Beta 2... can any1 help?

Hmm I am not able to replicate this bug, is everything okay on the iCloud front?

gdkid2010
Jul 1, 2013, 08:57 PM
When the battery of my iPhone 5 with Beta 2 runs below ~15% the thouchscreen becomes unresponsive. I'm able to power it on and see the lockscreen but I can't unlock it or access the control or configuration panel.

Reset trough power+home button doesn't help. Only solution is to put it on the charger.

I am having the same exact problem. Took me a while to realize it was a battery issue. Before I knew it, I did a manual "Update" in iTunes. It took care of it.... due to my phone being charged. Eventually locked out again... did a full restore and backup restore... fixed it due to being charged, once again.

The next day while at work, got below 15% battery and boom... frozen lock screen.

I've reported the bug to Apple.

Just seems to be a random incident though, as my two friends have the same phone as me and they don't have that problem.

CharlieBrandt09
Jul 1, 2013, 09:25 PM
I am having the same exact problem. Took me a while to realize it was a battery issue. Before I knew it, I did a manual "Update" in iTunes. It took care of it.... due to my phone being charged. Eventually locked out again... did a full restore and backup restore... fixed it due to being charged, once again.

The next day while at work, got below 15% battery and boom... frozen lock screen.

I've reported the bug to Apple.

Just seems to be a random incident though, as my two friends have the same phone as me and they don't have that problem.

SAME EXACT THING HERE!

Must be a legit bug. Running VZW IP5 if that matters.

hunter2k9
Jul 1, 2013, 09:27 PM
Hmm I am not able to replicate this bug, is everything okay on the iCloud front?

thank you for answering my post, might be a dumb question on my part but what things should I check to know if everything's ok with my iCloud account? I mean my Photo Stream is working and my email and everything else seems to work fine, I only have trouble sharing a photo stream

Austin M.
Jul 1, 2013, 09:45 PM
This may have already been posted, but has anyone else noticed that Siri does not blur out the full portion of the screen, and that part of the screen is slightly in view? Check out the right side...

chekz0414
Jul 1, 2013, 09:50 PM
This may have already been posted, but has anyone else noticed that Siri does not blur out the full portion of the screen, and that part of the screen is slightly in view? Check out the right side...

Yeah, I have this on iPod touch lol already reported in the dev portal

pwfletcher
Jul 1, 2013, 09:59 PM
Beta 2 is sooo much better. I still notice some bugs with text messaging though.

Kohkane
Jul 2, 2013, 03:23 AM
Is it just me or does the phone like to stay on 1x even though I have full bars of LTE, putting the phone in airplane mode, and taking it off seems to fix the issue. I just want to know if I'm the only one.

gomoq13
Jul 2, 2013, 06:21 AM
Have you selected a default calendar in the settings?

I'd like to know where too. I'm having the same issue.

qtaran111
Jul 2, 2013, 06:29 AM
I'd like to know where too. I'm having the same issue.

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars then scroll right to the bottom to the Calendars section. At the bottom of this section if should say Default Calendar Home (or Work or whatever your default calendar is).

Not sure this will solve the problem though

bad03xtreme
Jul 2, 2013, 12:12 PM
Anyone else have a pixelated search icon in the iTunes store? All of the other icons appear normal but the magnifying glass in pixelated. :confused:

spencecb
Jul 2, 2013, 06:57 PM

I noticed this on my iPad. For me, it seemed to have been caused by getting the 10% battery remaining warning. It caused the iPad to crash and restart, then the screen would no longer work. Plugged it in to charge the battery above 10% and then it was fine.

Did you get the low battery warning?

xdxdaustin
Jul 2, 2013, 07:42 PM
I noticed this on my iPad. For me, it seemed to have been caused by getting the 10% battery remaining warning. It caused the iPad to crash and restart, then the screen would no longer work. Plugged it in to charge the battery above 10% and then it was fine.

Did you get the low battery warning?

I don't! It would just happen from time to time. It seems to have stopped for the most part though; I haven't really noticed it lately.

bad03xtreme
Jul 2, 2013, 09:33 PM
My Safari crashed a few times today and the icons at the bottom of each email (trash, forward, reply) were not showing up in any email.

falconeight
Jul 2, 2013, 09:37 PM
Small bug

Dreamer2go
Jul 2, 2013, 10:48 PM
not sure if this happened to you:

Camera app:
Taking a picture from lock screen sometimes freezes your phone and you cannot use the phone's touchscreen anymore (can't swipe to unlock)

Video recording:
Returns to lock-screen after 1 minute. And the video capturing (if you're planning to record more than 1 minute) will be interrupted..

mastert19
Jul 3, 2013, 02:31 PM
Had massive problems with WiFi. The complete network crashes if I pull big apps or music from match. Have to reset the router to make the internet work again.

liamry
Jul 3, 2013, 02:44 PM
How do i change the gender of Siri? the option is not there under language in the Siri menu.

Also in accessibility > speak selection > voices - there are loads of languages and accents, why are they not available for Siri?

illyb2000
Jul 3, 2013, 05:08 PM
I know its a beta but I've plugged my iPhone 5 into iTunes twice and it's now copying all my music to my phone (for the second time) even though it was already on there...then when I check my iPhone whilst this is happening the music is indeed removed and is being re-synced from PC to phone...but weird

chekz0414
Jul 3, 2013, 05:39 PM
I know its a beta but I've plugged my iPhone 5 into iTunes twice and it's now copying all my music to my phone (for the second time) even though it was already on there...then when I check my iPhone whilst this is happening the music is indeed removed and is being re-synced from PC to phone...but weird

I also have this on iPod touch 5th gen...idk how to replicate this bug though...

Sethdavidsdad
Jul 3, 2013, 11:48 PM
While playing a song tap the contents tab in upper right then click playlist. Now touch any song in the list to play that song. If you are shuffling the play list and you click a song it plays a totally different song than the one in the list. Anyone else notice this? Might this provide a future up next feature in music??

gomoq13
Jul 4, 2013, 12:26 AM
Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars then scroll right to the bottom to the Calendars section. At the bottom of this section if should say Default Calendar Home (or Work or whatever your default calendar is).

Not sure this will solve the problem though

I don't see that for mine. I managed to get it to work by enabling Calendars under iCloud. Thanks anyways. :)

ToddJ
Jul 4, 2013, 10:06 AM
After having iOs 7 beta 2 for awhile with no bugs with the Maps app, lately Maps started crashing whenever I tried to input an address or use siri to navigate to a specific address. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, have you found the reason why (before I just do a restore of beta 2.)

liamry
Jul 4, 2013, 10:25 AM
Anyone know how I can get into my app? Not coming up with a keyboard to allow me to insert password? Or is it just incompatible with iOS 7

Moneymaker108
Jul 4, 2013, 12:40 PM
Summary: Touch screen is not respond to touch after restart, if the battery is charged for less than 20%

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Discharge the battery of iPhone to less than 20%
2) Turn Off your iPhone
3) Turn On your iPhone and wait when appears notification about a weak battery
4) Try to unlock the screen

Expected Results:
When user slid along the label "slide to unlock", device must be unlocked or if user slided to open Camera or Control Center this functionality must be opened.

Actual Results:
Touch screen is not respond to any touches (slide to unlock, slide to open camera, slide to open Control Center).

Notes:
if you connect the device to charge and turn it on again, the touch screen responds to touch. I think this problem occurs if appears notification of a weak battery.

VIDEO - http://youtu.be/rrbPbynQR3M

Additional information:
Device: iPhone 4 16 GB
iOS Version: 7.0 (11A4400f)

iRooney
Jul 4, 2013, 12:41 PM
Why not tell Apple instead?

Sylon
Jul 4, 2013, 12:43 PM
Anyone know how I can get into my app? Not coming up with a keyboard to allow me to insert password? Or is it just incompatible with iOS 7

Additional password??? How many passwords does a calculator need?!

Moneymaker108
Jul 4, 2013, 12:54 PM
Summary: Touch screen is not respond to touch after restart, if the battery is charged for less than 20%

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Discharge the battery of iPhone to less than 20%
2) Turn Off your iPhone
3) Turn On your iPhone and wait when appears notification about a weak battery
4) Try to unlock the screen

Expected Results:
When user slid along the label "slide to unlock", device must be unlocked or if user slided to open Camera or Control Center this functionality must be opened.

Actual Results:
Touch screen is not respond to any touches (slide to unlock, slide to open camera, slide to open Control Center).

Notes:
if you connect the device to charge and turn it on again, the touch screen responds to touch. I think this problem occurs if appears notification of a weak battery.

VIDEO - http://youtu.be/rrbPbynQR3M

Additional information:
Device: iPhone 4 16 GB
iOS Version: 7.0 (11A4400f)

Armen
Jul 4, 2013, 01:04 PM
in iOS when a dialog box appears such as "battery 20%" or "Please enter your Apple password" it takes focus. This means no other area on the screen will respond to touch except inside the box.

The bug you are seeing is that if you make the dialogue box lose focus by sliding to unlock or pressing the home button there is no way to get that box back into focus. Therefore, the screen behaves like it is unresponsive but in reality its waiting for you to click ok to a box you can't see.

having Siri open an app for you will get passed this bug.

fivedots
Jul 4, 2013, 01:05 PM
You signed up just to post this? File a report with Apple.

Armen
Jul 4, 2013, 01:07 PM

He was just trying to be helpful. No big deal.

bushido
Jul 4, 2013, 01:25 PM
in iOS when a dialog box appears such as "battery 20%" or "Please enter your Apple password" it takes focus. This means no other area on the screen will respond to touch except inside the box.

The bug you are seeing is that if you make the dialogue box lose focus by sliding to unlock or pressing the home button there is no way to get that box back into focus. Therefore, the screen behaves like it is unresponsive but in reality its waiting for you to click ok to a box you can't see.

having Siri open an app for you will get passed this bug.

thanks for this explanation, quite interesting and thanks again for not simply saying "its a beta" either.

it happened to me today and i just forced a reboot and it worked again afterwards

Smith288
Jul 4, 2013, 01:25 PM

There's always one.

Simplicated
Jul 4, 2013, 01:26 PM

It is very likely that he reported the bug, considering it is in the format Apple requires.

josiahsill
Jul 4, 2013, 01:28 PM
This has been discussed in other posts, but another (easier fix) is to use siri to open up an application such as settings or whatever.

bobr1952
Jul 4, 2013, 01:29 PM
Well it seems moneymaker is a bit impatient--he posted this already and it was moved into the proper thread for bugs in IOS 7--guess that wasn't good enough. :(

sou1 so1di3r
Jul 4, 2013, 02:44 PM
Seems like I have to press the sleep wake button like 3 times to lock my phone....?

moonman239
Jul 4, 2013, 02:58 PM
I have a question for you all. Which of the aforementioned bugs do you personally see? I might install beta 2 if it's likely not going to be too buggy.

Andylinton
Jul 4, 2013, 03:38 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'm losing contacts.

Since changing to Beta 2, at least 20 contacts have simply disappeared!

A

ToddJ
Jul 4, 2013, 03:55 PM
After having iOs 7 beta 2 for awhile with no bugs with the Maps app, lately Maps started crashing whenever I tried to input an address or use siri to navigate to a specific address. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, have you found the reason why (before I just do a restore of beta 2.)

Evidently they moved my post this thread...where it will probably be lost....

xlost6
Jul 4, 2013, 04:51 PM
There isn't a play icon in the status bar when music is being played. I'm sure that was said already.

----------

Anyone else have a pixelated search icon in the iTunes store? All of the other icons appear normal but the magnifying glass in pixelated. :confused: I noticed that also. Along with no play icon in the status bar when music is being played.

mavvie
Jul 4, 2013, 08:11 PM
Surprised that these haven't been mentioned yet, but I have a TON of issues with music.app.

1) Lockscreen player often bugs out (wrong album artwork, wrong song name, bogus timestamps), but these are usually fixed by pressing the sleep button twice

2) Album artwork gets "stuck", especially when there's no artwork (so it uses text with the artist name). E.g. I play a song by "Secret" with no album artwork, then close music.app, and then later on a song by a different artist comes on automatically, reopening music.app will still yield the "Secret" text/artwork.

Not really breaking functionality as they are just display bugs, but still very annoying.

I also get the random crashes in camera, but I have no doubt that Apple will fix all these bugs before release

SheepNutz
Jul 4, 2013, 09:26 PM
My most hated bug is when the keyboard autocorrects, and you hit spacebar to accept the autocorrect, it doesn't put a space in after the word like iOS 6 does. This is happening on iPad, not sure if it's the same for iPhone. If you don't understand what I meant, here's an example:

type "cant wait" without the quotes in iOS 6, and you'll get "can't wait".
type "cant wait" without the quotes in iOS 7, and you'll get "can'twait".

EDIT: I just found out that this only happens on the keyboard in the app Tweetbot. Weird. Anyone else with Tweetbot that can confirm this? using it in iOS 7 on iPad 3.

sou1 so1di3r
Jul 4, 2013, 10:03 PM
Does anyone elses's sleep wake button seem to not be responsive?

Will2145
Jul 4, 2013, 10:20 PM
Does anyone elses's sleep wake button seem to not be responsive?

That's probably the iphone itself

sou1 so1di3r
Jul 7, 2013, 05:53 AM
That's probably the iphone itself

Yeah but it just started after beta 2.....

Chazz08
Jul 7, 2013, 06:12 AM
Facebook Contacts don't sync like they did with iOS 6. There are only a handful that are in my contacts. When searching contacts, after you return to all contacts, the search bar disappears and makes it impossible to see all contacts unless you close contacts from the multitasking. Also, when you buy a ringtone, it won't show up or play on the iPhone (I have iPhone 5). I even bought it directly on the iPhone, but it still didn't show up, although I could transfer it out and it shows up in iTunes that it's on the iPhone. When I close and app from multitasking the background goes black, and now when I play music and lock the phone the music controls on the front won't go away like they would in beta 1.

Even with these new problems, it's still better than in beta 1. Can't wait for Beta 3!

----------

My most hated bug is when the keyboard autocorrects, and you hit spacebar to accept the autocorrect, it doesn't put a space in after the word like iOS 6 does. This is happening on iPad, not sure if it's the same for iPhone. If you don't understand what I meant, here's an example:

type "cant wait" without the quotes in iOS 6, and you'll get "can't wait".
type "cant wait" without the quotes in iOS 7, and you'll get "can'twait".

EDIT: I just found out that this only happens on the keyboard in the app Tweetbot. Weird. Anyone else with Tweetbot that can confirm this? using it in iOS 7 on iPad 3.

Even if that one is just Tweetbot, I've noticed a ton of weird autocorrects in other uses of the keyboard. I'll post some specific ones later when I see them.

DarkRyoushii
Jul 7, 2013, 07:08 AM
When my battery is low and I restart the phone, I find that the "Low Battery" message pops up and then the lock screen appears on top of it (may happen without a restart too), meaning that I can't dismiss the notification and therefore can't use touch at all.

Solution: Plug phone into charger then restart while connected.

sgalano
Jul 7, 2013, 08:53 AM
I have an iPhone 4S 64GB with iOS 7 Beta 2 and it's impossible to use. I have these issues:
- iMessage and FaceTime still don't work, I can't activate them!
- native app like Notes, Reminders, Camera, Phone, Messages, Contacts don't work at all. Especially: when I open Notes, it stops working; the same with Reminders. I have to open three or four times the Camera to take a picture: for the first two times it crushes, then iPhone restarts; finally, at the fourth time I can take a picture. Phone, Messages and Contacts give me a white display when I open them. Phone doesn't always work: sometimes I can't call and I have to restart my iPhone to try to make a call.
- Instagram and any other app that uses Camera crush twice before I can take pictures.
- I can't get any Notifications from any app (Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram and many others) because my iPhone says: Connect to iTunes to use push notifications.
Anyone has the same problems?

freemini
Jul 7, 2013, 09:12 AM
When you select text in Safari or another app, it jumps the view to that line of texts, effectively making selecting anything above the initial selection impossible. It's incredibly annoying. Also auto-correct is completely retarded.

sik08amg
Jul 7, 2013, 11:24 AM
Couple bugs I have noticed that will hopefully be resolved in B3 tomorrow :D

When sending a picture message, two things, sometimes when sending a picture message to multiple people, after selecting the first recipient, it brings the cursor down to the message body (maybe a feature not a bug). Also when attaching a picture from within the message.app, the curser starts next to the photo instead of below it. When you begin typing, the first letter appears after the actual word, sometimes in a different size font. (see below)

When using the search box to search for contacts, after you search and select a person, and arrow back to all contacts, the search bar disappears, forcing you to close the contacts.app. The workaround is to access contacts through the phone.app and select a different option at the bottom and then reselect contacts.

Pippin01
Sep 19, 2013, 01:27 AM
Hi, I have just updated to iOS 7 and like what I've sen so far, apart from the big grey bar at the bottom of the home screen. Anyone know of a way to get rid of it?