PDA

View Full Version : Full HD movies and sound

wannabelean
Jun 25, 2013, 03:19 AM
How good is the MBA for watching full HD movies? I'm one step away from buying the new MBA and I want to be sure that full HD movies wont run sluggishly or have dropped frames.

Also how loud is the sound?

ctdonath
Jun 25, 2013, 11:12 AM
I'm one step away from buying the new MBA and I want to be sure that full HD movies wont run sluggishly or have dropped frames.
Like asking if a modern car can consistently achieve local speed limits.

I'd be baffled if it couldn't run HD movies smooth, and the uproar would have been obvious by now.

The one thing you won't get is 1920x1080 on the small display. Screen + resolution just doesn't quite get there.

PDFierro
Jun 25, 2013, 11:23 AM
How good is the MBA for watching full HD movies? I'm one step away from buying the new MBA and I want to be sure that full HD movies wont run sluggishly or have dropped frames.

Also how loud is the sound?

It can run it just fine. You won't have any problems.

wannabelean
Jun 25, 2013, 06:42 PM
How is the quality of the sound? and loudness?

falconeight
Jun 25, 2013, 06:47 PM

Its fine for the size.

luisito
Jun 25, 2013, 07:08 PM

Speakers are even better than my external desktop speakers, even when they are a 2.1 surround system.

And the 3.5mm jack will depend on the quality of your headphones; the audio card is top but notch and you won't need an audio card, unless you are an audiophile (is that the right term?) and you have a preferred card;

wannabelean
Jun 26, 2013, 09:15 AM
Got it. Beautiful video and sound!