PDA

View Full Version : Personal Apple account and developer Apple account

steveuk36
Jun 25, 2013, 04:38 AM
Hi,

I have had a developer account for only a couple of months, I would like to install iOS 7 beta on my phone so i can make any needed changes to my apps ready for launch.

My question is this, while i do have a developer account and my device is registered as a developer device i do use my personal account for everything on my phone like back ups and to download apps.

Will i still be able to do this using the beta or would I only be able to use my developer account to buy apps and music?

I use my phone a lot for personal use and would still like to use it as per now but have the added bonus of seeing how iOS 7 works, looks and getting my apps ready for when it is launched.

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 04:39 AM
Hi,

I have had a developer account for only a couple of months, I would like to install iOS 7 beta on my phone so i can make any needed changes to my apps ready for launch.

My question is this, while i do have a developer account and my device is registered as a developer device i do use my personal account for everything on my phone like back ups and to download apps.

Will i still be able to do this using the beta or would I only be able to use my developer account to buy apps and music?

I use my phone a lot for personal use and would still like to use it as per now but have the added bonus of seeing how iOS 7 works, looks and getting my apps ready for when it is launched.

Have you asked this question in the Apple Developer forums?

MrGimper
Jun 25, 2013, 05:06 AM
Hi,

I believe your device just needs to be registered as a developer device, regardless of what/who's account it is registered on.

My girlfriends 4s is registered as a developer device on my dev portal, but she uses her own Apple ID account on her device.

Also, if it were tied to a particular Apple ID on the device, then all these people selling UDID slots from their dev account to other people would need those people to use their apple ID on the device.

steveuk36
Jun 25, 2013, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the replies, it is what I thought it would be but wanted to check first