PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air screen cracking issue......

Ifti
Jun 25, 2013, 08:10 AM
Has anyone here had any experience of MBA screen cracking issues??

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3306673?start=0&tstart=0

Just wanted to know whether this really is a wider spread issue I should have any concern over (looking to buy MBA11 shortly!)

Diversion
Jun 25, 2013, 10:15 AM
Hang on, one person's mishap and you think it may be wide spread? I don't think this is a documented known issue with the MBAs, first i've heard of it.

kodeman53
Jun 25, 2013, 10:35 AM
Where's the facepalm Smilie when you need it. :D

Ifti
Jun 25, 2013, 11:36 AM
Hang on, one person's mishap and you think it may be wide spread? I don't think this is a documented known issue with the MBAs, first i've heard of it.

If you read through the linked thread, more people are continuously coming along to report their systems doing the same.

Apologies for asking a question, on a public forum, which is here for questions to be asked.

wermy
Jun 25, 2013, 11:53 AM
If you read through the linked thread, more people are continuously coming along to report their systems doing the same.

Apologies for asking a question, on a public forum, which is here for questions to be asked.

Might want to update the title to reflect that this is about 2011 MBAs... I was pretty nervous about my 2013 MBA until I realized the thread you linked to was 2 years old. :)

Edit: To offer a more useful reply, though, this is the first I've heard of any MBAs having this issue.

jbachandouris
Jun 25, 2013, 12:00 PM

One person's mishap? Try again. There are 4 pages of customers who had spontaneous cracks on their MacBook Airs. Sorry, I doubt they're all made up or caused by abuse. I don't even own a MBA and I've heard of this.

The OP wants to know if anyone else had the same issue, not unhelpful replies.

kodeman53
Jun 25, 2013, 12:04 PM
One person's mishap? Try again. There are 4 pages of customers who had spontaneous cracks on their MacBook Airs. Sorry, I doubt they're all made up or caused by abuse. I don't even own a MBA and I've heard of this.

Yes, it's a clear design issue. Happy? I suggest you not buy an MBA, any model, from any year, ever.

TheRealDamager
Jun 25, 2013, 09:09 PM

You would see lots of reports here if this was an issue. I'd suggest there are 4 pages of people who did things that cracked their screens.

palpatine
Jun 25, 2013, 09:15 PM
Apple will replace it if you get a spontaneous crack. With Apple Care, you'll have three years, so I wouldn't worry. I've had nothing but spectacular service from Apple stores all over the world.

To answer your question, I've never seen such a thing with any of my MBAs or MBPs.

Diversion
Jun 26, 2013, 12:42 PM

4 pages in one thread. I fail to be convinced its widespread. Like someone already said, Apple Care will replace/fix cracks that appear to not look like abuse. It's quite easy to discern the difference between people who take care of their equipment and ones who are careless.