PDA

View Full Version : Touch screen completely unresponsive (iOS 7 b2)

freejack
Jun 25, 2013, 08:34 AM
Anyone else having this problem? I've tried hard resetting several times now but the touch screen still doesn't work.

The last time it worked was when I tried to hang up a call. The call became stuck so I killed the phone app from the multitasking UI. Springboard immediately restarted and when it came back, touch was no longer working.

Hope I won't have to wait till I get home to reinstall.

Sadness :(:(:(

Chundles
Jun 25, 2013, 08:37 AM
Anyone else having this problem? I've tried hard resetting several times now but the touch screen still doesn't work.

The last time it worked was when I tried to hang up a call. The call became stuck so I killed the phone app from the multitasking UI. Springboard immediately restarted and when it came back, touch was no longer working.

Hope I won't have to wait till I get home to reinstall.

Sadness :(:(:(

Mine just did it on my iPad.

Chalmo
Jun 25, 2013, 08:39 AM
I've had similar on my iPhone 4S. Its even more unresponsive than the first beta.

Locking and unlocking (slowly) seems to bring it back again.

robwilson
Jun 25, 2013, 08:40 AM
Mine just did it on my iPad.

Springboard???? Sounds like a jailbroken device to me.....:confused:

Chundles
Jun 25, 2013, 08:42 AM

Not jailbroken. Never has been.

WiFi dropped, rebooted, no touch screen.

freejack
Jun 25, 2013, 08:43 AM

hehe i can understand how you would associate that with jailbreaking but as per wikipedia:

"Springboard, or Home Screen, is the standard application that manages the iOS home screen."

Chundles
Jun 25, 2013, 08:53 AM
Re-upgrading now.

I'll see what happens.

----------

Re-upgrading worked.

There is another thread for this issue - seems to be related to low battery.

hellomoto4
Jun 25, 2013, 10:36 AM
Same issue happened to me. Springboard relaunched after crashing in multitasking. Complete lack of touch input, even after reboot. However, I managed to fix it without reinstall: from the lock screen, use Siri to launch an app, and everything should return back to normal.

JoyceA7x
Jun 25, 2013, 11:29 AM
I had the same problem with my iphone 4, so I tried to hold the home button and the turn off button for about 8 sec, and then waited for my iphone to restard, that worked, and now my iphone is responsing normal.. for now

TomH TX
Jun 25, 2013, 01:22 PM
I have been having the same trouble on a legit udid install on an ipad2. I started a thread about keyboard lag. Tried a full restore. At the "new device" stage, kb seemed to work. However, when it then restored from an ios7 backup it seems to have gone back to lagging. !@#$. Hard reset did nothing.

Sirious
Jun 25, 2013, 01:48 PM
I had the same problem on my iPad and iPhone. I just started Siri and opened an app. It's fine after that.

Cpnyc88
Jun 25, 2013, 01:51 PM
Happened to me three times already. Launching app with Siri works.

TomH TX
Jun 25, 2013, 01:53 PM
Happy to hear that the Siri trick works for some of you, but there is no Siri on an ipad 2. Any other thoughts????

nathanh
Jun 26, 2013, 12:33 AM
Same issue happened to me. Springboard relaunched after crashing in multitasking. Complete lack of touch input, even after reboot. However, I managed to fix it without reinstall: from the lock screen, use Siri to launch an app, and everything should return back to normal.

You're a genius. That worked perfectly.

cridenour
Jun 26, 2013, 11:54 PM

Registered just to tell you that I love you now.

sb22
Jun 27, 2013, 07:10 AM

Oh you legend I love you :p

Armen
Jun 27, 2013, 10:13 AM
I posted about this yesterday. Sometimes a prompt comes up where you are supposed to click ok or type something in it but it ends up going to the background and you can't get to it and that makes the touch screen unresponsive because the focus is on this missing window.

22hand
Jun 27, 2013, 09:24 PM
Yes. This is very annoying. The slide to unlock hanged up a few times every day. I will check if your trick works. Thanks.

Armen
Jun 27, 2013, 09:30 PM
I was able to reproduce this issue at least 2 times. It happens when a prompt comes up like an OK box or a box you're supposed to type into and you leave that window (by pressing home or whatever). The focus stays on that box which is now invisible and it seems like the screen isnt responding but in reality its another window you just cant see. This happens on Windows computers all the time where you hear the "ding" sound when you're trying to click out of something and it wont.

omgwut
Jun 28, 2013, 12:19 AM
I'm able to get around this by launching something with Siri. Just press and hold the home button until Siri pops up, then just say "open [app]" and when the app of choice launches I press the home button to exit to the menu and the screen is responsive again. Annoying, but it is a beta so...

robertpatryk
Jun 28, 2013, 03:53 AM
or Smart Cover.

Abba 701
Jun 28, 2013, 04:28 AM
Happened to me as well.Didnt know about the Siri trick.ill see if ill go back to ios 7.went back to ios 6.1.4

youradhere4222
Jun 28, 2013, 04:52 AM
I'm having the same problem and I'm currently traveling overseas... so as you might imagine this is very frustrating for me (yes I know that I shouldn't have installed iOS 7).

I have airplane mode on so the siri trick wont work for me. The guy at the Apple store basically told me I was out of luck, as they cant help me since im using iOS 7. Any ideas?

Will recharging my phone work? Ive tried everything including a hard reset :(

Curtis 92
Jun 28, 2013, 05:57 AM
I had this problem with my iPhone 4, I tried everything to get the screen working without trying restore it. But finally my battery was starting to run out so I plugged it in, once charged and phone turned back on the screen was working perfect. This is one major bug!

JohnnyW2001
Jun 28, 2013, 06:55 AM
Same issue on my 4S -- happens maybe once or twice a day. Quite annoying. Roll on Beta 3!

bad03xtreme
Jun 28, 2013, 06:59 AM
slide to answer if very hard for me at times. It just wont slide unless I try multiple times.

pugnut
Jun 28, 2013, 07:01 AM
Re-upgrading now.

I'll see what happens.

----------

Re-upgrading worked.

There is another thread for this issue - seems to be related to low battery.

Low battery notifications are freezing behind process and causing the issue- seen it happen around the 20 and 10% notification mark-

BlankStar
Jun 28, 2013, 07:41 AM
any notification prompt can result in this bug. Had it several times with low battery, and apps asking for access to agenda, contacts, microphone, etc...

I just lock the phone and leave it be for a couple of minutes and then most of the time it works again and will focus back on the prompt.
The Siri trick doesn't always work for me...

Guess we'll have to live with it until beta 3 is released, the dangers of beta software :-)

rhaleuk
Jun 28, 2013, 10:55 AM

Brilliant. Sorted it.:D

TomH TX
Jun 28, 2013, 11:05 AM
In my case the battery level has nothing to do with it, since I have never been at less than 75% when the keyboard locked up, and since I do not have Siri on an ipad2 that is not a fix. So, guess I am stuck until beta 3.

proshady
Jun 28, 2013, 11:21 AM
any notification prompt can result in this bug. Had it several times with low battery, and apps asking for access to agenda, contacts, microphone, etc...

I just lock the phone and leave it be for a couple of minutes and then most of the time it works again and will focus back on the prompt.
The Siri trick doesn't always work for me...

Guess we'll have to live with it until beta 3 is released, the dangers of beta software :-)

Yeah I got this problem these days and all I can do is plugging in my phone and WAIT until the battery is going up to 10% or 20% then everything goes fine again . Hope they can fix this in Beta 3.

Using SIRI to solve this problem is a nice try. I gonna test it later.

BTW how can I refuse a call in lock screen? iOS 6 I can simply scroll up then decline the call but now I can't find the bottom anywhere... I know I can double-click the Power to refuse it but sometimes it's just not convenient for me to do so.

Stiss
Jun 28, 2013, 03:29 PM

Wow. If only I tried this. I'm currently waiting 40 minutes for it to restore my stuff from iCloud. Piece of crap beta :P

KieranDotW
Jun 28, 2013, 03:42 PM
This is happening to me right now. Normally I've been using the Siri workaround but now Siri isn't working either. Any suggestions?

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 28, 2013, 04:16 PM
This is happening to me right now. Normally I've been using the Siri workaround but now Siri isn't working either. Any suggestions?

You may have to reinstall.

KieranDotW
Jun 28, 2013, 05:17 PM
You may have to reinstall.

Thanks for the suggestion, it works now :)

fraggot
Jun 29, 2013, 12:52 AM
Ive had it happen to me a couple of times. I can restart it over and over and it'll still be unresponsive.

My way around it, use Siri to launch an app and it seems to resolve the problem. I wasn't able to unlock my phone for almost an hour, I was getting important texts I couldn't read haha.

filmantopia
Jun 30, 2013, 09:29 PM

Completely resolved this issue for me. Thank you for saving me the hassle of a reinstall.

hectorchavez
Jul 1, 2013, 04:20 AM
If you don't have Siri on your device, just let the battery drain, then after you connect your device and turn back on the screen will work again,
Had this problem several times now in my iPhone 4

gasparvences
Jul 1, 2013, 06:46 PM
I have too been experiencing this. It is a major bug. The whole Siri thing doesn't work out exactly. It only works for me when and only my battery is at 10%...:(
But after that it works...

towg
Jul 1, 2013, 07:31 PM
Ive had the same thing too and it was remedied when I connected to my Macbook and restarted. It was doubly annoying as I was in the middle of a text argument and couldnt reply but could see their messages :mad:

QuarterSwede
Jul 4, 2013, 04:39 PM
You win the prize! Thanks a ton.

radioactivet
Jul 9, 2013, 04:32 AM
I'm having the same problem and I'm currently traveling overseas... so as you might imagine this is very frustrating for me (yes I know that I shouldn't have installed iOS 7).

I have airplane mode on so the siri trick wont work for me. The guy at the Apple store basically told me I was out of luck, as they cant help me since im using iOS 7. Any ideas?

Will recharging my phone work? Ive tried everything including a hard reset :(

I had the same issue on my iPhone 5. Had just disabled the data connection before this happened. The following steps worked for me. See if they work for you:
1. Keep the phone plugged in to your laptop.
2. Hard reset the phone by holding power and home till the phone turns off and turns back on.
As soon as I heard the USB-Connected notification sound from my laptop, I tried unlocking the screen and it worked fine. I had tried hard resets when I was away from my laptop and it hadn't worked.
All the best!

Lunfai
Jul 9, 2013, 04:45 AM
I held down the power button and then home button 2 seconds later at the same time and keep holding it for up to 30 seconds. I witnessed this bug twice.

This simulates going into DFU mode.

JohnnyW2001
Jul 9, 2013, 08:49 AM
Just so everyone knows: This is a bug where you phone gets the "20%/10%" battery message when your phone is locked. The message pops up behind something, and then you can't close it -- leaving the screen unresponsive.

The 100% fix is to simply let your phone run out of batteries and charge it again.

But I'm guessing it's been fixed since Beta 3 any way.