PDA

View Full Version : Since iOS 7, No Star Rating IS Available In The Music App Anymore

andythefiredog
Jun 25, 2013, 08:45 AM
Has anyone else noticed there's now no way to rate music? The starring system is gone. Have I missed something? The final app surely will have this, I don't think Apple would pull such a prominent feature.

Gjwilly
Jun 25, 2013, 08:46 AM
Has anyone else noticed there's now no way to rate music? The starring system is gone. Have I missed something? The final app surely will have this, I don't think Apple would pull such a prominent feature.

Would you really want a beta accidentally messing up all of your ratings?
:p

andythefiredog
Jun 25, 2013, 08:50 AM
Would you really want a beta accidentally messing up all of your ratings?
:p

No, I would not. But that wouldn't be enough justification to not have the feature available... That would be like not including a camera app because it might not save pictures, or not making iCloud available because it could ruin your contacts list....

Beta's are for developers and are inherently risky, so I don't believe star ratings would be of worthy of greater caution then contacts, emails, pictures, etc.

Hopefully it's simply unfinished.

phr0ze
Jun 25, 2013, 08:56 AM
No, I would not. But that wouldn't be enough justification to not have the feature available... That would be like not including a camera app because it might not save pictures, or not making iCloud available because it could ruin your contacts list....

Beta's are for developers and are inherently risky, so I don't believe star ratings would be of worthy of greater caution then contacts, emails, pictures, etc.

Hopefully it's simply unfinished.

Looks like its gone.

ErikGrim
Jun 25, 2013, 09:00 AM
Going with the same explanation as for the Calendar app: It's simply not finished. Yes, it's alarming that features are missing at this stage, but keep in mind we are probably seeing the OS at a far earlier stage than we are used to from earlier releases for two reasons, related to timing:

1) The ousting of Forstall, re-positioning of Ive mid-cycle
2) Having to basically re-think and re-create the entire UI in that space of time to get something, anything, ready for WWDC.

andythefiredog
Jul 9, 2013, 07:53 AM
Here's a screenshot of my Music.app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj663mfgw5mk1dj/photo.PNG

Brian Y
Jul 9, 2013, 07:57 AM
Try checking again after official release.

It's beta. Beta = not finished.

seecoolguy
Jul 9, 2013, 05:33 PM
Here's a screenshot of my Music.app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj663mfgw5mk1dj/photo.PNG

wow it's back! :)

ifreek
Jul 14, 2013, 06:47 AM
It's back indeed! (iOS 7 beta 3)

Song view: touch the track title to view/change the rating.

Settings panel: touch the track title to go to song view, touch again to view/change the rating.

Song list: touch "Rating" at left-top to show rating for the current track.

HCO
Jul 14, 2013, 02:57 PM

It's in beta 3 tap on the name