Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
I have yet to see a thread of this kind, so I thought it might be helpful.

I realize some users will be using 10.9 without a developer account, I have no opinion on the matter. However, it might be beneficial for such users to relay any bugs that developers can report to Apple engineers. I usually spend a day or two reporting a list of bugs as it takes some time and the more information Apple receives the better the chance at improving the OS. Thanks! :)

*As pat vas pointed out, I will attempt to reproduce bug reports on my systems:

- Curgent gen Mac Pro 5,1 w/ 2 27" LED LCD's (for those with multi-display bugs)
- 2012 13" MacBook Air
- 2012 MacMini used as a HTCP
- 2011 iMac

I have most systems covered. If you are willing to follow up with me should engineers request, that would work. Most often, unless the bug is widely reported or serious in nature, engineers will acknowledge a submitted bug and will work on the matter without further action from the developer. Minor bugs such as UI suggestions are usually done without further follow-ups.

Submit reports in this format.

Problem Report Title

Product (in this instance OS X)

Version (ex. 13A497d)

Classification (options: Security, Crash/Bug/Data Loss, Power, Performance, UI/Usability, Serious Bug, Other Bug, Feature (New), Enhancement

Is it reproducible?

Summary:

Steps to Reproduce:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Regression:

Notes:

Last edited:

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Many times when you submit a bug report, you need to follow up, provide additional files, answer questions, etc. How are you going to do that here? I appreciate your intention, but I don't think it can work.

I am in Appleseed and in the dev program and I file bug reports all the time, that's why I am saying that it's not that easy to collect all information and follow up. Especially the latter.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
I will attempt to reproduce any bugs before submission. If I can or if it is something I may follow up with on the individual who reported it, shouldn't be an issue. :)

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I have yet to see a thread of this kind, so I thought it might be helpful.
I realize some users will be using 10.9 without a developer account, I have no opinion on the matter.
Given that some torrented copies of 10.9 builds have been shown to have different checksums from the Apple official ones, it's possible that they may have been altered maliciously for some purpose.
Malicious or not, it may be that the problem reported from one of those copies is as a result of some non-authorised modification.

Not all bugs are reproducible 100% of the time, or on different hardware, so as helpful as you testing the problem is, it won't necessarily help.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
That may be true, if I cannot reproduce the bug then I will likely will not submit it. I would also like UI and other suggestions as Apple has become more open to such requests. Either way, it can only help in the long run. I have a few friends in Cupertino, some engineers and some design consultants for pro-Apps, they always welcome as many suggestions and reports as possible. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.