PDA

View Full Version : Welcome screen varies by hardware color? (Beta 2)

scwinsett
Jun 25, 2013, 10:56 AM
I have a white and a black model of both the iPhone 5 and the iPad. During the transition from the Apple logo to the new welcome screen, I noticed only on the white models of each device that the color was reversed, a black apple on a white screen. Has anyone seen this? Was wondering if this was color-specific to the device? Since I only saw two devices do it, I don't know for sure, but a friend of mine had a white iPhone 5 do the same thing, and I didn't see the black-on-white version on any of my black devices

nishimura.
Jun 25, 2013, 10:59 AM
I have a white iPhone and yeah the startup screen looks like this (http://25.media.tumblr.com/d38afb545aedb5ae4f29337788cbc29f/tumblr_moxcgbLh6t1ro3i3xo1_1280.jpg):

campingsk8er
Jun 25, 2013, 11:04 AM
Happened on mine as well which is white. i think its pretty cool actually

WhackyNinja
Jun 25, 2013, 11:09 AM
Happened on mine as well which is white. i think its pretty cool actually

I had the same white bootscreen and I have a black iPhone.

scwinsett
Jun 25, 2013, 11:10 AM
I had the same white bootscreen and I have a black iPhone.

Oh bummer. I guess that counters my theory. Strange my black devices didn't display the white version boot screen

WhackyNinja
Jun 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
Oh bummer. I guess that counters my theory. Strange my black devices didn't display the white version boot screen

For me it didnt when I upgraded to Beta 1 for the first time. But when I went back yesterday to update to Beta 2 it showed up.

tymaster50
Jun 25, 2013, 11:27 AM
It COULD be a bug guys. But I have a white iphone and it changed to white on black. It only happens when you update to beta 2

C DM
Jun 25, 2013, 12:05 PM
Very likely that's just the initial boot up screen attached to the whole initial welcome and set up (no matter what color the device is).

Bawstun
Jun 25, 2013, 02:34 PM
I have a black iPhone and have never seen the white with black logo, yet anyway. Same old black background with white (now flat) apple.

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 02:46 PM
Very likely that's just the initial boot up screen attached to the whole initial welcome and set up (no matter what color the device is).

This. I had the white background with the black apple on my black iPhone 5 when I set up both beta 1 and 2 (both restores) but only right before the setup came on.

I still had / have the black bootscreen with the white apple.