PDA

View Full Version : 2013 MBA Graphics Glitches

brownbird
Jun 25, 2013, 11:06 AM
Anyone experience any kind of screen glitching with the newly released MBA?

Was working on it yesterday as usual and experienced a lot of screen / graphics glitches. A reboot solved it, but curious if anyone else is having this problem...

scaredpoet
Jun 25, 2013, 11:11 AM
Do you have photos of what you're seeing?

So far, no glitches for me, but there was another thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1600433) where someone was mentioning glitches in Safari, and snow on their screen.

kosty
Jun 25, 2013, 01:16 PM
This is what I'm experiencing at the moment:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1600433

Can you please show us some pics and screenshot the next time you see any glitches ?

I would like to know if I'm the only one with the entire screen messed up :/

brownbird
Jun 28, 2013, 02:40 PM
This is the glitch I was/am seeing:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1603573

Front page news!

B...
Jun 28, 2013, 02:48 PM
Clearly other people are having this issue if it is front page news.

scaredpoet
Jun 29, 2013, 09:01 AM
Keep trying to replicate this on my i7/8GB/512 2013 MBA and I can't, BUT, I did get it once to flip out slightly when I had an external monitor connected and switched the Photoshop window between the external and built-in display. When I moved back to the built-in display, the image of the file I had open would go black.

Relaunched and tried again and it was normal. *shrug*

I'm wondering if this might also have something to do with the LG vs Samsung displays. Maybe the Samsung display causes an issue? Mine's an LG.

plasticsman
Jun 29, 2013, 11:40 AM
Keep trying to replicate this on my i7/8GB/512 2013 MBA and I can't, BUT, I did get it once to flip out slightly when I had an external monitor connected and switched the Photoshop window between the external and built-in display. When I moved back to the built-in display, the image of the file I had open would go black.

Relaunched and tried again and it was normal. *shrug*

I'm wondering if this might also have something to do with the LG vs Samsung displays. Maybe the Samsung display causes an issue? Mine's an LG.

No cant be because I have the LG display.

brownbird
Jun 29, 2013, 11:41 AM
Interesting, most people are reporting problems because of Adobe software. Admittedly, I was using Photoshop at the time.

But that doesn't explain graphics hiccups on boot.
And I wasn't using an external display at the time.

Zoidoid
Aug 11, 2013, 04:21 AM
I have seen some small glitches when using external monitors on my 2013 MBA. I can reproduce a minor glitch consistently with the following steps:

1. Connect the MBA to an external display (in my case going from display port to HDMI).

2. Turn on mirroring (or extension) to the external display.

3. Disconnect the display.

4. Close the macbook air.

5. Reopen the air. The moment the screen comes to life, I see a momentary glitch -- like the screen is badly interlaced.

If I reboot, this stops happening -- opening and closing the macbook produces no unusual screen effect.

Would anyone else mind following these steps to see if they get the same behavior?

Thanks!

vwluke
Aug 17, 2013, 06:17 PM
i am also having the same issue on my 2013 MBA i just bought it on thursday. is it definitely a hardware issue and should i return it?