Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattlynch90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Is it just me or is anybody disabling there iPhones in there pockets? It happened to me once in 6 months on ios 6, now I know by the time I get to work it will have disabled in my pocket, 4/5 times in a week, anybody else feeling this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What exactly do you mean by disabled? What actually happens with the phone (and what seems to be causing it)?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Are you talking about this?
IMG_4720.PNG

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Are you talking about this?
View attachment 419789
Ah, if it's that, then it's the whole thing related to unlocking the phone now being somewhat easier than before, and more people seem to be running into issues with their phones being unlocked (in their pockets, etc.) with iOS 7 compared to earlier versions.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Ah, if it's that, then it's the whole thing related to unlocking the phone now being somewhat easier than before, and more people seem to be running into issues with their phones being unlocked (in their pockets, etc.) with iOS 7 compared to earlier versions.

My phone was locked, in my pocket of a pair of basketball shorts (so not tight) while I was listening to spotify and mowing the lawn. Out of nowhere, the music shut off and it said that. I thought it had to do with the heat, the phone felt hot. I have a passcode and you cannot access control center from the lock screen. If it is because somehow the phone is allowing a passcode to be entered while in the pocket, then I don't know how to fix this issue. It sucks though as that has never happened to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.