PDA

View Full Version : "Contacting Your Reference" for an individual apple developer account?

MacMan988
Jun 25, 2013, 12:39 PM
I have placed an order for an individual apple developer account (iOS) and I finally got a mail indicating an activation code today. But when I try to activate, it didn't go through and now when I try to visit "Member Center", I get the following message in a yellow background.

Contacting Your Reference
We are contacting the reference you provided to verify that you have the authority to act on behalf of your company/organization and to enter your company/organization into legal agreements.

Is this normal ? :confused:

sampierson
Aug 16, 2013, 01:45 PM
Did you ever get this issue resolved?

heyadrian
Aug 18, 2013, 11:27 PM
No this isn't normal.

There's only 2 different ways you get the 'reference message' up:

1) If you sign up for a Business account
2) If you sign up for an individual account, but on behalf of somebody else

If I were you, if it's not either of the 2 above, I'd personally contact your local Developer Centre Contact Number:

https://developer.apple.com/contact/phone.php

And ask them to check into it. Personally it would be MUCH quicker if you asked them to revoke the account (if you haven't already paid for it) and reapply for it taking special precaution to click on the right checkboxes.

Cheers,

A

tkmcguire1
Sep 8, 2013, 07:45 AM
I know this post is a few weeks old
I am having the exact same issue,I just wanted to know did ya'll get yours resolved.
Thanks

Twimfy
Sep 9, 2013, 01:18 PM
Call them. Apple account support requests via email take around 3 weeks. I know this from experience.