PDA

View Full Version : iPad on iOS 7 wont turn on!

PatrickW98
Jun 25, 2013, 04:10 PM
Last night I updated my iPad 3rd Gen 16GB WiFi only to iOS 7. Everything went fine. I turned it off for a couple hours and now I'm trying to turn it on and it won't turn on!!!! It goes through the Apple logo and then it gets stuck on the spinny circle logo. What should I do?

Brian Y
Jun 25, 2013, 04:11 PM
Last night I updated my iPad 3rd Gen 16GB WiFi only to iOS 7. Everything went fine. I turned it off for a couple hours and now I'm trying to turn it on and it won't turn on!!!! It goes through the Apple logo and then it gets stuck on the spinny circle logo. What should I do?

DFU Mode, restore iOS 6, and use this as a lesson as to why you don't use preview software on non-development devices ;).

PatrickW98
Jun 25, 2013, 04:33 PM
DFU Mode, restore iOS 6, and use this as a lesson as to why you don't use preview software on non-development devices ;).I have my UDID registered through a friend. That friend also registered my i4S's UDID which is working fine. But I'm restoring my iPad to iOS 6 with a backup.

Brian Y
Jun 25, 2013, 04:49 PM
I have my UDID registered through a friend. That friend also registered my i4S's UDID which is working fine. But I'm restoring my iPad to iOS 6 with a backup.

I meant as in a device used for development. It's not ready for normal use.

brokenbruised
Jun 25, 2013, 06:24 PM
I meant as in a device used for development. It's not ready for normal use.

Since when is powering a device on not "normal use"?

karthik.k
Jun 26, 2013, 01:33 AM

You should try a DFU restore. And see if things go well. If that does not go well, then you should probably roll back to iOS6, before Apple would stop signing signatures for devices already on iOS7.

chintancm
Jun 26, 2013, 02:05 AM
1) Restore with iOS 6.1.3 and setup as new device till u reach to home screen
2) now 'Shift+Update' (not restore) with iOS 7 beta 2. By this u can bypass undid activation check on iPad.
3) don't try to restore from old back up. Otherwise it will stuck again on welcome logo. Use it as a new device.

Hope this helps!

kevingaffney
Jun 26, 2013, 06:58 AM
I had same problem. iPad worked for a few hours then got stuck in same position as the op. I reinstalled ios7 and restored from backup. All is well again for now

Distearth
Jun 26, 2013, 09:54 AM
I don't have the Update option in iTunes. Just Check For Update & Restore iPad . WTF?

chintancm
Jun 26, 2013, 10:00 AM
I meant to say check for update. So click 'shift+check for update button'.

Distearth
Jun 26, 2013, 10:06 AM
I meant to say check for update. So click 'shift+check for update button'.

On Mac it seems to be Command+Check For Update. Thanks.