PDA

View Full Version : Fault testing the wifi

revisionA
Jun 25, 2013, 07:41 PM
So far... unknown WEP just fine... WPA from Brighthouse standard wifi/router combo... ok. Now visiting the local starbucks to sit and browse while listening to retardedly inappropriate christmas music.

Should I try anywhere else? Wifi hot spot search before I hit my two week return wall...

revisionA
Jun 25, 2013, 07:53 PM
Outside a closed Fed Ex... woot! This is starting to feel silly. However, it seems like this wifi works just fine.

scaredpoet
Jun 25, 2013, 09:14 PM
If you haven't run into problems with your wifi now, I doubt you will with normal use going forward. And if you do, you'll still be under warranty for at least a year.

luisito
Jun 25, 2013, 09:28 PM
Outside a closed Fed Ex... woot! This is starting to feel silly. However, it seems like this wifi works just fine.

Lol. If you got a faulty wifi, you would know within the first ten minutes of connecting to the very first wifi you ever connected to, since it would kick you out every 2-3 minutes.

Have some piece of mind, I think you took it to the extreme, haha. Either way, if you were having problems, Apple is recalling all MBA with wifi issues, they've been giving new units for the people affected by this problem, but as far as my knowledge goes.. everybody is pointing it as a software issue, Apple is already taking action to identify the problem. :)

revisionA
Jun 25, 2013, 10:27 PM
I just wanted to both make sure AND make a point.

Most MBA are fine.

I just got mine to warm up by playing the fastest game of CIV V ever. Surprisingly the MBA beats by 8 core as far as this game is concerned. I even turned on the high settings for most of the graphic options too.

Still compared to when I had a g4 powerbook, my legs are not in need of medical attention by any means. lol