Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHaris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
UnicornIsland
Nov 28, 2010
located
When I am watching videos?

I guess we have to pull everything out of your nose then and this thread will have many posts.

What videos?
Online or via a video player like QuickTime or VLC Player?

And again, does the Mac just shut off and then restart and log back into your account with no message window at all? Have you checked Console yet?

And do you know the Mac OS X version you run?

AND PLEASE, BEFORE YOU ANSWER ONLY ONE QUESTION AGAIN:

MacHaris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
UnicornIsland
I guess we have to pull everything out of your nose then and this thread will have many posts.

What videos?
Online or via a video player like QuickTime or VLC Player?

And again, does the Mac just shut off and then restart and log back into your account with no message window at all? Have you checked Console yet?

And do you know the Mac OS X version you run?

AND PLEASE, BEFORE YOU ANSWER ONLY ONE QUESTION AGAIN:

Online-videos
Osx- Snow Leopard
The computer just restarts and goes to desktop

Nov 28, 2010
located
Online-videos
Osx- Snow Leopard
The computer just restarts and goes to desktop

Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

Since when does it happen, is everything up to date (Software Update) including browser and Flash (which you probably use?)?

Have you tried deleting "com.apple.Safari.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet, guessing you using Safari?

And I guess Console is a no go too?

MacHaris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
UnicornIsland
Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

Since when does it happen, is everything up to date (Software Update) including browser and Flash (which you probably use?)?

Have you tried deleting "com.apple.Safari.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet, guessing you using Safari?

And I guess Console is a no go too?

I only use one account Which is admin
The macmini is from 2006 so i dont if its been happing before but before i got it had a clean install.
I also use chrome not safari

Nov 28, 2010
located
Have you tried deleting "com.google.Chrome.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet or even tried another user account? It is for troubleshooting purposes.

And sorry to hang on the questions part, but how can you expect others without access to or knowledge about your Mac know why it restarts from your OP where no further information has been give by you?
Those questions I asked are to verify what your computer is doing at the time and how it is doing it and pointing to ways to determine the error yourself. Since you do not seem to be doing it that much, I gets tiresome and frustrating for me.

Therefore some simple questions again, if you do not want to answer them, fine, don't expect further help. If you cannot answer them, ask how to find out. If you do not understand a question, ask for clarification.

Is Chrome up to date or better, what version of Chrome are you using?
Can you try deleting that PLIST file I mentioned at the beginning of this post? It does not delete any valuable data and only resets preferences and settings for Chrome.
Can you try to create another user account to try there, to single out if it is only affecting your user account or the whole computer?
Does the same happen in Safari or Firefox or Opera?
Does it only happen with particular videos or with any kind of video in Chrome?
Have you tried Console (the link in the second post explains how to use it) yet?

That is it for now. If you can answer those, we might be better off to a good solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.