PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 beta 2 Group SMS

emckai
Jun 24, 2013, 05:00 PM
Is anyone else having this problem? Didn't seem to have it in beta 1.

Whenever you open a group text (currently have about 6 people in mine) it'll lag for a minute and then it proceeds to the group text.
Anyone? It doesn't happen with single text messages.

zgrinn88
Jun 26, 2013, 09:42 AM
Group sms is not working for me in beta 2 for ios 7, it is driving me crazy!

Anyone else having a problem? If i try to access it, it locks up the phone and turns off my imessage.

Jordan921
Jun 26, 2013, 09:55 AM
Working fine here.

WAM2
Jun 26, 2013, 09:57 AM
Works fine here.

Are you using iMessage group chat, or an actual text through the carrier for group messaging?

On AT&T I've never been able to carry out a text message group chat, as it just sends the text individually to each number, then when they reply it comes though just from them, not in the group.

ZombiePete
Jun 26, 2013, 09:57 AM
Seems to be working for me. Are you sending to just people who have iMessage or text and iMessage mixed or what?

phr0ze
Jun 26, 2013, 10:06 AM
iOS6 would let you send messages to more than 10 people.

In iOS7 you can not send to more than 10 people unless ALL people use imessage. Once you add your 11th person to the text the names all turn blue and when you try to send you get an error.

Edit: Message app will usually crash when you add too many people.

BTW the error message is now screwed up in Beta 2.

zgrinn88
Jun 26, 2013, 10:48 AM
i`m using imessage to 6 other people all using iphones, and it wont let me text them or recieve messages from them. Using iphone 5 on AT&T.

VSMacOne
Jun 26, 2013, 11:10 AM
i`m using imessage to 6 other people all using iphones, and it wont let me text them or recieve messages from them. Using iphone 5 on AT&T.

Have you tried any Resets?

zgrinn88
Jun 26, 2013, 11:13 AM
i`ve tried network reset so far, which helps imessage for a bit, but still nothing with the group sms.

----------

Have you tried any Resets?

network reset so far, afraid to do a reset and restore from icloud i dont want to mess up the phone

VSMacOne
Jun 26, 2013, 11:22 AM
i`ve tried network reset so far, which helps imessage for a bit, but still nothing with the group sms.

----------

network reset so far, afraid to do a reset and restore from icloud i dont want to mess up the phone

Try Reset All Settings. It won't delete anything, just reset your wallpaper, ringtones, stock apps notifications. It's worth a try.

zgrinn88
Jun 26, 2013, 11:34 AM
Try Reset All Settings. It won't delete anything, just reset your wallpaper, ringtones, stock apps notifications. It's worth a try.

You are the man! that worked...not sure why i didnt think of that. Thanks so much!

zgrinn88
Jun 26, 2013, 01:11 PM
reset "all settings" and now mine works perfectly fine.

Was having the same issue before.

VSMacOne
Jun 26, 2013, 01:16 PM
You are the man! that worked...not sure why i didnt think of that. Thanks so much!

Been there, done that! :D

Glad it worked.

CGagnon
Jun 26, 2013, 01:17 PM
Group sms is not working for me in beta 2 for ios 7, it is driving me crazy!

Anyone else having a problem? If i try to access it, it locks up the phone and turns off my imessage.

This is why you don't put beta software on your primary (and likely only) device. And before you say "I can downgrade if I want." No you can't. Unless you are willing to sacrifice all of your data (can't restore a backup to a lower version OS).

mrapplegate
Jun 26, 2013, 01:35 PM
Off topic I know, but how can two threads be identical and be posted by different users?
See this thread and compare, they are the same, but the OP is different.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1602466
They seem linked, my post here made it to the other thread.

F-Patrick
Oct 11, 2013, 07:10 AM
After a lot of tests with iPhone 5 SMS and different GROUP-SMS Apps, it seems that iOS7 dosen't work anymore with more that 10 contacts in one SMS.

It's why GroupPro Lite from Demodit GmbH cut an sms to 50 contacts in 5 sms with always 10 recipients.

In iOS6.x.x there was no problems with sms on more than 50 contacts.

Is this now a new bug or is it an dictation from Apple, but why?

chrf097
Oct 11, 2013, 07:56 AM
After a lot of tests with iPhone 5 SMS and different GROUP-SMS Apps, it seems that iOS7 dosen't work anymore with more that 10 contacts in one SMS.

It's why GroupPro Lite from Demodit GmbH cut an sms to 50 contacts in 5 sms with always 10 recipients.

In iOS6.x.x there was no problems with sms on more than 50 contacts.

Is this now a new bug or is it an dictation from Apple, but why?

This thread is 4 months old, did you need to bump it?