PDA

View Full Version : Not going back to Finder

tortex
Jun 26, 2013, 04:16 PM
Hello.

So my new Air is being odd, if I'm in safari and I quit with the keyboard, the finder will not be selected even if it's now the only running app. Never had this before on any Mac. I have to switch back to the finder to get the menu etc. Is this a known bug?

Plus, my battery life is nowhere near 12 hours estimated, more like 6.

EDIT: Also, if I take any window and go to drag it and the cursor enter the finders menu, the system becomes very slow. Nothing major but odd.

monokitty
Jun 26, 2013, 04:38 PM
Are you sure you're quitting Safari or just closing the window? Closing the window does not quit the application.

tortex
Jun 26, 2013, 04:55 PM
Are you sure you're quitting Safari or just closing the window? Closing the window does not quit the application.

I'm quitting. It's not just Safari, it's every application. I've never seen it before, I've been using Apple systems since OS8.

Mrbobb
Jun 26, 2013, 05:24 PM
I wish OSX automatically quits an App when the last window is closed, just like Windows! <gasp> Feels more "natural" to me.

tortex
Jun 27, 2013, 02:55 AM
Let me clarify: open ANY app. Use CMD+Q to quit back to Finder. You now have a Finder menu bar on the top of your screen yes?

I dont. Ever. Unless I then select the finder manually.

kodeman53
Jun 27, 2013, 03:37 AM
Let me clarify: open ANY app. Use CMD+Q to quit back to Finder. You now have a Finder menu bar on the top of your screen yes?

I dont. Ever. Unless I then select the finder manually.

What's on the menu bar since Finder is not?

tortex
Jun 27, 2013, 03:42 AM
What's on the menu bar since Finder is not?

I have no Finder bar, that's the problem, I just have wallpaper. The Finder is not selected so CMD+Space to Spotlight etc does nothing.

Drew017
Jun 27, 2013, 01:48 PM
Try making a new user account and see if the problem exists there. If it does it's probably a problem with your user, and not a system issue.

tortex
Jun 28, 2013, 08:18 AM
Yep, creating a new account then deleting it fixed the problem. :)

gloryunited
Jun 28, 2013, 08:33 AM
My new MBA 13" had the same issue too. Software update fixed it.