PDA

View Full Version : Please help , sometimes my MacBook Air doesn't turn on.

alexfc
Jun 26, 2013, 04:49 PM
Hi , I have a Late 2010 MBA , and sometimes it just doesn't turn on. I shut it down , then , sometimes , in the next day , it just doesn't turn on. It have already happened 3 times. I shut the MBA down , then in the next day , it doesn't turn on. I took it to Apple Store twice , and when I took there , it would just turn on. Last time it happened , I connected the charger and waited about 20 minutes , and then , tried to turn on , and it worked. Whenever I turn it off , I've never let the battery down to 50% , always let it about 60%-70% , so it has nothing to do with the MBA being out of battery. Please help me , what's going on???

luisito
Jun 26, 2013, 05:24 PM
Hi , I have a Late 2010 MBA , and sometimes it just doesn't turn on. I shut it down , then , sometimes , in the next day , it just doesn't turn on. It have already happened 3 times. I shut the MBA down , then in the next day , it doesn't turn on. I took it to Apple Store twice , and when I took there , it would just turn on. Last time it happened , I connected the charger and waited about 20 minutes , and then , tried to turn on , and it worked. Whenever I turn it off , I've never let the battery down to 50% , always let it about 60%-70% , so it has nothing to do with the MBA being out of battery. Please help me , what's going on???

If shutting it down is the problem.. then.. stop shutting it down. Lol. Not many people I know shut off their MBA, as a matter of fact, none of my friends shut their MBAs off, none of my family do.

Simply put it to sleep, perhaps that will work.

alexfc
Jun 26, 2013, 05:28 PM
If shutting it down is the problem.. then.. stop shutting it down. Lol. Not many people I know shut off their MBA, as a matter of fact, none of my friends shut their MBAs off, none of my family do.

Simply put it to sleep, perhaps that will work.

Yaeh , I do think this would have never happened If I put it to sleep. But why?? Why shutting it down is causing such a problem??

HiDEF
Jun 26, 2013, 05:35 PM
Yaeh , I do think this would have never happened If I put it to sleep. But why?? Why shutting it down is causing such a problem??

Have you tried reinstalling OS X? I'm not familiar with your situation but sometimes a clean install works.

luisito
Jun 26, 2013, 05:41 PM
But why?? Why shutting it down is causing such a problem??

Perhaps too much garbage on your computer? With time, things pile up.

HiDEF
Jun 26, 2013, 05:42 PM
If you haven't tried a clean install, you probably should.

alexfc
Jun 26, 2013, 07:37 PM
Thank you very much guys. I think I'll just put MBA in Sleep Mode for now , and Restart once a week. Then , when Apple release Mavericks , I'll do a clean install :D.