Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
I don't like the new iOS 7 lock screen when music is playing. The black background and all the controls makes it look cluttered. Why have controls on the lock screen all the time when Control Center is just a swipe away and it has the same skip, previous, scrub and volume controls. Currently if your playing something and you want to go to your normal lock screen you have to pause the music in the control center anyways, if you pause it on the lock screen it just shows the controls and album artwork.

Here's my mockup (I made it on my iPhone, don't laugh)
The date disappears and shows the song title, slide up to control center and play, scrub etc. hit pause cover art disappears.
If people turned off control center on the lock screen when you slide up on lock screen it would just show the music controls not any quick settings or quick apps.
And on the iPhone 4 the slide to unlock text won't be covered anymore due to no controls.
Feel free to redo it on more professional software

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Here's iPhone 5

Sense the larger screen it will show the artist of the song. Or for the iPhone 4 the cover art is a little small so theirs room for the artist also idk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 173

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I'm very interested in the music display on the lockscreen. Do you have a link to what it looks like in beta 2?

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
I'm very interested in the music display on the lockscreen. Do you have a link to what it looks like in beta 2?

The controls don't disappear, and you can't enable them, you have to play it first in control center.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 142

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Yuck. My personal opinion is that is a bug. And I am not up to speed on beta 2 so I'm looking through the b2 thread now. :)

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Yeah thought it was weird in beta 3 that the controls were just there. Didn't need to double click to see them and you couldn't make them go away when music is playing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.