PDA

View Full Version : How to Install Windows 7 on MBA w/ Superdrive

Alveezy
Jun 27, 2013, 12:05 AM
I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my new Mid-2013 MacBook Air. I have the disc and i have the Superdrive plugged in. every time i try to use bootcamp. it won't let me burn it into a usb drive? any help? or is there a way to just install it like back in MacBook Pro? just use the disc and bootcamp?

hkim1983
Jun 27, 2013, 01:35 AM
I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my new Mid-2013 MacBook Air. I have the disc and i have the Superdrive plugged in. every time i try to use bootcamp. it won't let me burn it into a usb drive? any help? or is there a way to just install it like back in MacBook Pro? just use the disc and bootcamp?

Are you talking about making a bootable USB stick for Win7 or just installing it via DVD?

Someone mentioned in another thread that you should try connecting the superdrive to the right USB port, and not the left one. He also mentioned a USB stick...but I'm not sure how relevant that is, because if you have a bootable stick, that should be all you need.

Anyway, you can try using the superdrive on the right USB port, it can't hurt.

gpeden
Jun 27, 2013, 07:10 AM
Hi, You're trying to have Bootcamp create a partition on your MBA, right? You know that you also need an 8 GB USB stick plugged into the other port to download the latest Windows support software for installation and have read the instructions about this. You might read my other thread, where an Apple tech found in the support doc:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4599?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

..... the info about how which side to plug the externals in actually matters:)

Cheers!
Glen