PDA

View Full Version : Wife's MBA came in I Love It! she hasn't used it yet; because of me.

zipur
Jun 27, 2013, 01:56 AM
I've have a rMBP since Sept. So my wife's HP gave up the ghost and I ordered her a MBAir I7/8/256 which came in last night. I love this thing battery is killer 8 hr of on and off use. Took it to work; wow so small and light. Great screen, keyboard, love it all. My coworkers were asking me "Just how many Macs do you need?" I had my rMBP and MBAir sitting next to my work Dell. So I get home and the wife say "Ya gonna cut the grass?" I say "Sure as soon as it cools off". As I head to the computer room I shut the door and smiled at myself because we live in Texas, it ain't gonna be cool till November!
She knocks on the door, " What are you doing now?". I tell her loading up windows 7. Then office, then I gotta test it. What a neat well put together machine, in fact kinda wish I had MBAir too.
But for now, all is working, synced, documents transferred and internet book marks transferred.
So tomorrow back to my solo, palm cutting now outdated old rMBP ;-)

SpitUK
Jun 27, 2013, 02:47 PM
I am feeling the love as well. Sold my rMBP and got the 13" i7, 8Gb, 256Gb.

What an epic computer. The only thing I miss is the retina display, when the air gets one it will be perfect.

paulkerdot
Jun 27, 2013, 03:13 PM
How can you guys say you think the air is better than a 15" rmbp. I own a 15 rmbp and just bought an 11 2013 air. Both macs have their positives and negatives (mostly positive) but the 15" rmbp is an awesome computer. Its amazingly powerful and the display is awesome. I couldnt sell the the rmbp for an air. Its either both or the pro unless I jacked my job in to travel the world.

Steve121178
Jun 27, 2013, 03:22 PM
How can you guys say you think the air is better than a 15" rmbp. I own a 15 rmbp and just bought an 11 2013 air. Both macs have their positives and negatives (mostly positive) but the 15" rmbp is an awesome computer. Its amazingly powerful and the display is awesome. I couldnt sell the the rmbp for an air. Its either both or the pro unless I jacked my job in to travel the world.

The Air ticks more boxes than any other notebook. Yes, there are more powerful machines out there but the Air is such a perfect computer. And it's ideal for those who travel.

Frost7
Jun 27, 2013, 04:11 PM
Stop hogging it and give that girl her MBA before she smacks you and takes it. :p

zipur
Jun 27, 2013, 04:30 PM
She did , I did.

DisplacedMic
Jun 27, 2013, 04:39 PM
I've have a rMBP since Sept. So my wife's HP gave up the ghost and I ordered her a MBAir I7/8/256 which came in last night. I love this thing battery is killer 8 hr of on and off use. Took it to work; wow so small and light. Great screen, keyboard, love it all. My coworkers were asking me "Just how many Macs do you need?" I had my rMBP and MBAir sitting next to my work Dell. So I get home and the wife say "Ya gonna cut the grass?" I say "Sure as soon as it cools off". As I head to the computer room I shut the door and smiled at myself because we live in Texas, it ain't gonna be cool till November!
She knocks on the door, " What are you doing now?". I tell her loading up windows 7. Then office, then I gotta test it. What a neat well put together machine, in fact kinda wish I had MBAir too.
But for now, all is working, synced, documents transferred and internet book marks transferred.
So tomorrow back to my solo, palm cutting now outdated old rMBP ;-)

you're a bad person! stop hogging it
;-p

i kid - i did the exact same thing when my wife got her new MBA:D

hey speaking of which, i just noticed you're from Euless, my wife is from Grapevine!

Mrbobb
Jun 27, 2013, 06:06 PM
Summer in Texas, boy do one need a good reason to stay motivated.

Griffster
Jun 27, 2013, 07:54 PM
Mrbobb - I feel your pain Bro. I'm here in Oklahoma and the heat is a killer and keeps me inside my cool house. About all I can do is open a cold beer and play with my new Macbook Air. Damn, life can be rough at times . Got my wife MBA also so she is alittle more understanding.