Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sankyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
I've switched back and forth iOS 6 and iOS 7 five times in the past few day. I like them both and I can't decide which one I like more.

iOS 7 leaves a good impression, every time I go back to iOS 6, I end up swiping back and forth, because the back and forward tab system is so great.

I like the feel of it too. Almost all the apps are updated, and the new multitasking gesture makes you feel like you can do more. They've unobscured the lock screen so you can see your big beautiful photos on it.

One thing, I think was missing in iOS 7 is the ability to search within a page, if I'm not mistaken.

Which one are you on and why?

Last edited:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
iOS 7!

I was struggling when I went back to iOS 6 for a day. The control center is heaven and sooo much easier to turn off Wifi, adjust brightness, etc. I got so annoyed clicking out of apps and going to settings to change this and that...plus the multitasking is a lot more appealing! Set up your iOS 7 device as new, and it will help with battery life, but iOS 7 > iOS 6 by a long shot.

TreeDude

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2012
I am on 7. For all the faults the beta has, I love the new UI. But if an app you frequently use is broken, stick with 6.

sankyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
I am on 7. For all the faults the beta has, I love the new UI. But if an app you frequently use is broken, stick with 6.

That's why I keep switching back, the fact that iOS 6 is reliable. But then I always end up going back to iOS 7, because it's better.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I've switched back and forth iOS 6 and iOS 7 five times in the past few day. I like them both and I can't decide which one I like more.

iOS 7 leaves a good impression, every time I go back to iOS 6, I end up swiping back and forth, because the back and forward tab system is so great.

I like the feel of it too. Almost all the apps are updated, and the new multitasking gesture makes you feel like you can do more. They've unobscured the lock screen so you can see your big beautiful photos on it.

One thing, I think was missing in iOS 7 is the ability to search within a page, if I'm not mistaken.

Which one are you on and why?

Sounds like waiting for IOS7 to be fully released might be a good idea.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

Works the same way in iOS 7.

And I'm on iOS 7. Haven't gone back to iOS 6 once.

It's there. Just scroll to the bottom of the drop-down list when you type something in the address bar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 79
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.