PDA

View Full Version : Best MBA Color Profile?

tehsprayer
Jun 27, 2013, 08:17 PM
I have been looking at threads for the past like 5 days on the MBA screen is not very good especially the LG display.

I am currently saving up for just the basic one, maybe within 14 days possibly upgrade to the 8 GB edition depending on how much memory it uses.

Back on topic...once I receive the MBA what is the best/most popular color profile that works for many? Just want to be prepared that's all.

filmbuff
Jun 27, 2013, 08:30 PM
The default. The Macbook Air has the second best notebook screen ever made - the first being the rmbp.

iterva
Jun 27, 2013, 09:40 PM
...once I receive the MBA what is the best/most popular color profile that works for many? Just want to be prepared that's all.

You can read here (http://osxdaily.com/2011/10/30/how-to-check-for-an-lg-display-in-a-macbook-air-and-make-it-look-better/)...
Or search Google..

But with that said.. IMHO, Don't get caught up in the ongoing (neverending) LG vs Samsung display discussions... Reading into those will only make you loose sleep over something that has been (again IMO) blown way out of proportion.
"If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it" :eek:

pinktank
Jul 18, 2013, 10:29 AM
https://anonfiles.com/file/b4f4e6b0bbd007d78d9558cf124faeab
Here is a perfect profile for the 11" LG display made by me.

It's for 100cd, that is 10 brightness levels (6 empty boxes from maximum) and made to adhere to SRGB gamma and d65, meaning even with applications that fail at color communication, majority of images will look ok. It was made with a i1display pro.

Jazwire
Jul 18, 2013, 12:23 PM
The default. The Macbook Air has the second best notebook screen ever made - the first being the rmbp.

Maybe if you have the Samsung panel, but the default LG profile looks horrible.
Very washed out.

Honestly I forget where i got my profile, (somewhere on this site).

But it made a huge difference, the screen, went from looking bad to looking very good.

dmk1974
Jul 18, 2013, 12:59 PM
The other little trick that I did to my MBA is to slide up the contrast by ~5% in the Accessibility settings. Made a nice difference as well.

Lakailb87
Jul 18, 2013, 04:52 PM

Umm no? I don't mind the MBA screen at all but there are competing laptops with much much better screens.

Onno
Jul 18, 2013, 05:31 PM
I bought a spider2 a couple of years ago, really easy to use and although it's not the newest model it works great!

If you really care about color profiles, just get an old model from eBay, they are not expensive and do the trick.

TC25
Jul 18, 2013, 06:18 PM
Umm no? I don't mind the MBA screen at all but there are competing laptops with much much better screens.
Define 'better'.