PDA

View Full Version : help with movies in itunes

Sgtarky
Jun 27, 2013, 08:42 PM
I am hoping some you could help me with itunes problem. I have itunes on a pc with win7 i have added movies at one point to it, and my ATV plays them fine. Now I can not add any movies to it, I get no error or progress bar, I even search itunes and the new movies are not added. I really do hate this itunes and ATV. too bad I lost my roku remote.

simsaladimbamba
Jun 27, 2013, 08:48 PM
More information is needed to be able to help, otherwise solutions might be shots into the dark.

What iTunes version do you use? Are the movies you want to add .mp4 or .m4v videos and if so, where do they come from, or are they a different formats like .avi or .mkv?

waw74
Jun 27, 2013, 08:51 PM
chances are the movies are in the wrong format, that's kinda what itunes does when it doesn't like something.
try converting using handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/)

also there is a roku remote (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roku/id482066631?mt=8) for iOS, so if you have an iphone, you can use that.
there are other non-offical versions for iPad if you need that instead.

Sgtarky
Jun 28, 2013, 06:07 AM
m4v created with handbrake. itunes 11.0.1.12

piratemc74
Jun 28, 2013, 06:49 AM
I have experienced this if for example, I select an audio track in handbrake, or, a subtitle track in handbrake, that really isn't "right". Handbrake creates the m4v file, but, when I drag it to iTunes, nothing happens.

Try keeping it really simple.

Shutdown and restart handbrake
select just a "chapter" of the movie for a quick test.
Make sure your "target" device is appleTV (correct generation, or just AppleTV)
Don't select anything other than the default audio track, and no subtitles
create the m4v for just the chapter (should take a few minutes, depending on your computer's performance)

Test

Good luck

Sgtarky
Jun 29, 2013, 03:26 PM
I have experienced this if for example, I select an audio track in handbrake, or, a subtitle track in handbrake, that really isn't "right". Handbrake creates the m4v file, but, when I drag it to iTunes, nothing happens.

Try keeping it really simple.

Shutdown and restart handbrake
select just a "chapter" of the movie for a quick test.
Make sure your "target" device is appleTV (correct generation, or just AppleTV)
Don't select anything other than the default audio track, and no subtitles
create the m4v for just the chapter (should take a few minutes, depending on your computer's performance)

Test

Good luck
the file is fine, i can play it thru plex