PDA

View Full Version : Missing Applecare?

custardpie
Jun 28, 2013, 01:33 AM
Hi all,

I have had my BTO Air for just over a week now and absolutely loving it.

My question is about Applecare. I ordered via the education store and understood that it came with 3 year hardware cover with the option to extend telephone support from one year to three.

Is this right?

The reason I ask is that I have checked the status online and it shows only 1 years cover for warranty.

Thanks.

happyslayer
Jun 28, 2013, 01:40 AM
Did you get the actual envelope containing your AppleCare agreement? I ordered mine from the Apple store online. Got my Air on a Monday. My AppleCare envelope showed up in front of my door about a week later.

If you didn't get it, I would check your receipt to make sure they billed you for it and call where the place you bought it.

DisplacedMic
Jun 28, 2013, 04:11 AM
Hi all,

My question is about Applecare. I ordered via the education store and understood that it came with 3 year hardware cover with the option to extend telephone support from one year to three.

Is this right?

The reason I ask is that I have checked the status online and it shows only 1 years cover for warranty.

Thanks.

well, did you buy the protection plan? Just because you ordered your computer through the education store doesn't mean it comes with 3 year hardware coverage. it comes with 1 year coverage. you have to purchase the service plan.

Applecare is 3 years coverage + tech support.
Standard is 1 year coverage + 3 months tech support.

AppleMacNerd
Jun 28, 2013, 04:14 AM
well, did you buy the protection plan? Just because you ordered your computer through the education store doesn't mean it comes with 3 year hardware coverage. it comes with 1 year coverage. you have to purchase the service plan.

Applecare is 3 years coverage + tech support.
Standard is 1 year coverage + 3 months tech support.

Not in the UK.
Education store in uk when you buy a computer also comes with apple care for free I believe.

iterva
Jun 28, 2013, 07:27 AM
Not in the UK.
Education store in uk when you buy a computer also comes with apple care for free I believe.

Google search works miracles... (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3106090?start=0&tstart=0) :)

Short answer: You seem to be right about it

Enjoy your new machine :)

DisplacedMic
Jun 28, 2013, 08:10 AM
Not in the UK.

oh jeez - sorry! I didn't even think to look at where the post came from.
disregard, i have no idea what i'm blathering about.

ch900712
Jun 28, 2013, 08:36 AM
In the UK applecare doesnt come free for students but it does have a 80% discount

AppleMacNerd
Jun 28, 2013, 09:37 AM
In the UK applecare doesnt come free for students but it does have a 80% discount

You do get it for free I believe if you go through their education store well atleast I did :) but I went in store got education prices and then was cheeky and asked about Apple care:)

flynz4
Jun 28, 2013, 10:41 AM
oh jeez - sorry! I didn't even think to look at where the post came from.
disregard, i have no idea what i'm blathering about.

The OP does not indicate location... so we do not really know if he/she is from the UK.

/Jim

DisplacedMic
Jun 28, 2013, 11:43 AM
The OP does not indicate location... so we do not really know if he/she is from the UK.

/Jim

huzzah - so my lack of reading comprehension has excused my lack of reading comprehension :p

mattferg
Jun 28, 2013, 12:28 PM
Hi all,

Is this right?

Thanks.

After the 90 days telephone coverage expires you receive an email saying you're covered for the next year for telephone and the next 3 years for repairs n stuff.

Source: http://appleagreement.procureweb.ac.uk/

flynz4
Jun 28, 2013, 12:58 PM
huzzah - so my lack of reading comprehension has excused my lack of reading comprehension :p

Double negative... you are all set. Order is restored to the universe.

/Jim

custardpie
Jun 28, 2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies.

You are right I did leave out the very important bit of information that I am in the UK :)

Here is the text from the Apple online store

Every new Mac purchased from the Apple Store for Higher Education comes with complimentary telephone technical support for one year from your Mac purchase date and three years of repair coverage. With the AppleCare Protection Plan Uplift (AdditionalTelephone Technical Support), you can extend your telephone technical support to three years from the computer's purchase date. You can call Apple's award-winning experts as often as you like and get your questions answered.

I will give it a bit longer to see if my pack arrives, and if not I will speak to Apple.

Thanks all and have a good weekend.