Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maccompatible

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
In early iOS versions, emails didn't make the swoosh until the message had been sent. In iOS 6, it would make the sound before it was sent, making the sound mean nothing. I had no idea if the email had actually sent or not.

Did they change this back in iOS 7?

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
In early iOS versions, emails didn't make the swoosh until the message had been sent. In iOS 6, it would make the sound before it was sent, making the sound mean nothing. I had no idea if the email had actually sent or not.

It has not been changed as of beta 2.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
It's an annoyance to me as well but it would appear that this is how they want Mail to function now. I don't really understand the benefit of having a sound to tell you that you've pressed the send button vs the mail actually having been sent.

josiahsill

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
Memphis, TN

You can always turn the sound off:

settings>sounds>sent mail>none

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.