Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone know what it takes to get Core Data to sync over iCloud?

I noticed that in my Core Data model file, the attribute on the entity that's part of the starting template has a User Info Key-Value pair of "com.apple.syncservices.Synable" : NO

Is that related to syncing core data with iCloud? Should I set that to YES, and add the same key to all my other attributes on all my entities, if I want Core Data to be synced over iCloud?

ahan.tm

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
Florida
Let's not even go there. . .:)

For jokes - take a look at 6:30 in Platforms State Of The Union during WWDC 2013.

I would recommend watching the Core Data + iCloud Session(WWDC 2013), which should help. You might also want to be testing on iOS 7 for all the new APIs. Lastly, take a look at the Developer Forums. A lot of information is getting posted over there.

Good Luck!

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2011
Haven't revisited with iOS7 but I spent about 2 weeks trying to get a stable implementation going for iOS6. I had to give up.

Implementing the happy path isn't too bad but then after 2 weeks of writing defensive code and the thing still wasn't performing I gave up.

You can do it without too much hassle if you have very little data, like a few settings or so. Having an actual database synced with the cloud is a bit of a pipe dream at the moment..

EmpyreanUK

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2011
Has there been any word on whether this will be remedied in iOS7 and Mavericks? Or does the developer NDA prohibit people from remarking on this in a public forum?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.