Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoveDrop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2013
Im going to buy my first mac. Im using photoshop , illustrator , after effects from from adobe css 2 softwares and blender.

Im working as a full time photography editor and im producing motion graphics , drawing illustrations on my freetime for my design blog .

I frequently use itunes for music and film renting.

I cant decide on pro or air. I searched alot but I only found lots of contradictions.

Some people suggest to go for pro while some peope say new air with hd 5000 chipsets architecture are better.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Im going to buy my first mac. Im using photoshop , illustrator , after effects from from adobe css 2 softwares and blender.

Im working as a full time photography editor and im producing motion graphics , drawing illustrations on my freetime for my design blog .

I frequently use itunes for music and film renting.

I cant decide on pro or air. I searched alot but I only found lots of contradictions.

Some people suggest to go for pro while some peope say new air with hd 5000 chipsets architecture are better.

Difference in architecture? Well, that doesn't mean much in real world usage when you're comparing two different products such as the Pro and the Air. A quad-core desktop Nehalem processor is still faster than an ultra-mobile Haswell processor, despite the latter having a much more modern architecture than the former.

Considering your use, I'd recommend the MacBook Pro with retina display. The 15-inch model has a dedicated graphics card that is superior to the integrated video card of the Air, and the processor is also much faster. In a few months, the Pro will get a Haswell processor too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.