PDA

View Full Version : Referbished 15" PB keyboard difficulties!

wPod
Nov 8, 2005, 02:58 PM
I just got my 15" PB in the mail last night. Its a 1.33 GHz, so its not the newest of the new, but its new to me and more powerful than my 12" 867MHz. I seem to have a problem right out of the box. The keyboard looks like its doing the wave (keys around w e s d are up ghbn are down and op[l; are up) It is somewhat minimum of a problem, I can't capture the effect on a camera. But when I type the keys that are UP make a sound like there is tape behind them being compressed. (roll a piece of tape on itself into a circle with sticky side out, stick one half on the top of a desk then press on the other as if you were pressing up and down on a key. . . makes the same sound) Its not THAT big of a deal, otherwise I would have called apple before I turned the computer on. But just curious if you think there is anything I can do, or should I just call apple and ask them? Also I am either typing incorrectly, or the h key just sometimes decides it doesnt want to work. . . but only sometimes :-/

Also, does anyone else have trouble with the location of the touchpad? Ive been using a 12" PB for the past 2.5 years and a 12" iBook for a year before that. now all of a sudden with the 15" i keep accidentally touching the trackpad while typing and the curser jumps all over the place! I have told it to ignore accidental trackpad input in the pref pane, but this doesnt seem to make any difference at all.