PDA

View Full Version : Petition for 12" Powerbook and iSight iBook

cyberknight99
Nov 8, 2005, 07:17 PM
Recently at Appleinsider, plans for a 12" Powerbook was abandoned. Please click here to sign a petition to bring back the 12" Powerbook and to add an iSight built-in the upcoming iBook. Thank you for your help.http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1359http://petitiononline.com/12pwbook/petition.html

katie ta achoo
Nov 8, 2005, 07:17 PM
because online petitions work... ?

mad jew
Nov 8, 2005, 07:18 PM
Hasn't gone yet though. I never take action until it's too late, sorry. :o

grapes911
Nov 8, 2005, 07:20 PM
And this is your 1st post? :(

PlaceofDis
Nov 8, 2005, 07:21 PM
A. Online Petitions never work
B. 12" Powerbook is still for sale
C. iSight will be added to the machines that they want to add it to, reguardless of a petition, its a feature after all.
D. the info at Appleinsider is just speculation at this point.

Laser47
Nov 8, 2005, 07:47 PM
Petitions dont work. Theres a petition for apple to release os 8 for free, it has like 400k votes. Apple does what they want to do. Unless not getting rid of the powerbook 12" and putting in an isight significantly reduces their sales.

jimsowden
Nov 8, 2005, 08:18 PM
You are short sighted. Apple, I'm sure, has a very cost related reason for 86ing the twelver, and putting an isight in an iBook would only make the Powerbook line and the iBook like closer, something apple needs to get away from.

iMeowbot
Nov 8, 2005, 08:28 PM
If you want to make a request of Apple, it might be more effective to ask Apple instead of getting a bunch of random people to sign some petition.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/powerbook.html

They don't have a separate page for the iBook at the moment.

Agent Smith
Nov 8, 2005, 08:37 PM
I don't think that the PB will gain iSight; it's a professional machine, and while the occassional business executive might need it for the occasional conference, it still seems to me to be more of a consumer piece of hardware. It's probably going to end up in the iBook if at all. There are security issues that come into play with laptops.

As for plans to abandon the 12" PB, it will probably be dropped in favour of an ultra-portable model.

Just my $0.02 (obviously...:p )

SummerBreeze
Nov 8, 2005, 09:08 PM
I don't think that the PB will gain iSight; it's a professional machine, and while the occassional business executive might need it for the occasional conference, it still seems to me to be more of a consumer piece of hardware. It's probably going to end up in the iBook if at all. There are security issues that come into play with laptops.

As for plans to abandon the 12" PB, it will probably be dropped in favour of an ultra-portable model.

Just my $0.02 (obviously...:p )

I agree, Apple's not stupid and so far they've done a pretty good job of figuring out what Pro users need and what average consumers need. Sure, I'll be sad if they drop the 12" but they will have a plan for a new ultra-portable machine.

muffinman
Nov 8, 2005, 09:59 PM
12 is, to most, to small for the average mojo. widescreen is the "cool" thing now, and 12 inches does not equal widescreen

also petitions don't work

and, whats wrong with isight? i think its great