Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrisdrummer97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Im going to order an air soon and was wondering how soon most people get theirs with the stander shiping i check the exspected arivalu for if i were to order one today and jt said it would be here between the 9 and 11 of july have you guys gotten it faster than the exspected date before or no???

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL
I chose the free one (or cheapest, don't remember) and it arrived one day before the day that was estimated for the most expensive one.

Chrisdrummer97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Was yours a base model or did you load it up with different specs because im want to order te new air with i5/8g/128g and sadly none of the apple stores around my area have that in stock at least thats what it said online or else i would just go pick one up

luisito

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2012
Was yours a base model or did you load it up with different specs because im want to order te new air with i5/8g/128g and sadly none of the apple stores around my area have that in stock at least thats what it said online or else i would just go pick one up

BTO takes longer, meaning, the time they take to make it to your desired specifications. So, you will be looking for 1 to 3 days for them to buid it, plus the time it takes from China to your doorstep. Mine took 2 days for the build and 2 days to arrive. I got it much faster than the expected date, 3 days faster.

truciet

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Ordered a BTO on June 27th and received on July 1st. Original estimated date with free shipping was July 3rd. I was very surprised since the tracking showed it was still in another state.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Mine came 2 days prior to estimated delivery. I chose the free option, and it arrived at my door in 2 business days instead of 4-5.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Ooh this is giving me hope mine may arrive this week. How long was your guys' processing to preparing, then to shipped?

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
My BTO landed in Alaska today (Tuesday) and cleared customs. FEDEX is the service. I'm in the Washington, D.C., area. I wonder when I might see delivery...the original order said Monday, the 8th, but even with the 4th of July holiday here, that seems a long time for FEDEX.

mkeisu

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
Ordered mine monday last week. According to estimations I'll get it on thursday. It's shipped from China to Sweden.

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL

I put an i7 and 8GB

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I ordered mine on a Saturday and it arrived the next Friday morning with expedited shipping ($18). It was a BTO in the same config you want. Since Monday (yesterday) was a holiday in Canada, I wouldn't have received it until today at the earliest without the expedited, so I thought it was well worth it for four more days of appley goodness.

P.S. It's AWESOME. I'm running Mavericks and you get 16 hours of web surfing!

----------

My BTO landed in Alaska today (Tuesday) and cleared customs. FEDEX is the service. I'm in the Washington, D.C., area. I wonder when I might see delivery...the original order said Monday, the 8th, but even with the 4th of July holiday here, that seems a long time for FEDEX.

I'd be surprised if you didn't get it on Friday. Tomorrow is also a possibility, depending on when it landed. Has it left Alaska yet?

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Hi NewbieCanada

How long did your order stay at processing? I ordered yesterday and its still there (CTO)

I live in Canada too so i guess today is the 1st business day

Philip Fry

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
Hi NewbieCanada

How long did your order stay at processing? I ordered yesterday and its still there (CTO)

I also live in Canada, I put in my order (CTO) on the 29th, and they shipped it out this morning. Estimated delivery date 10th - 15th by Apple but the UPS tracking says I should have it by the 9th. I chose free shipping.

Hope this helps!

Jeff60468

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2013
Shipping speed

Ordered my Air tonight and received notification that it should arrive at the Apple store NLT Friday, July 12th. (i5, 8gb, 256)

Chrisdrummer97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Cool i order mine this morning and it shiped this moring and i paid for 2-3 day shiping so it said it will be here friday cant wait!!! Its my first mac so excited

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Hi NewbieCanada

Since I ordered on a weekend it stayed in processing until Tuesday night, then most of a day in preparing for shipping. But by Wednesday night it was in Alaska, went from there to Lexington and was in Ontario on Thursday night, delivered 10:20 Friday morning. It was UPS, not Fedex this time

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I chose the free one (or cheapest, don't remember) and it arrived one day before the day that was estimated for the most expensive one.

yeah, but had you ordered the most expensive one you would have received it the day before you ordered it so the joke's on you:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.