PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my perfect powerbook?

Shai-Nadir
Nov 9, 2005, 02:16 AM
When I received my new powerbook a week ago my only concern was that I would have a dead pixel. To my relief, my screen was perfect with no dead or stuck pixels. I ran the hardware test and everything worked fine and I thought that I had a perfect powerbook.

I havent been to this forum for a while so after I had a chance to play with my powerbook, I came back to check and see what everyone else thought of the latest revision. I should not have come back. After reading through the various posts, I discovered that my powerbook also had some of the issues that others have had. For one, I never before noticed that when my powerbook was closed, the gap on the right side was a little bigger than the left. Also, I noticed that the battery is not quite flush on the bottom. Finally, after carefull examination, I noticed that my lcd also has the horizontal lines, albeit it is not noticeable unless you look at it real closely.

Even though these issues are minor and do not detract from the overall excellent build quality, they are there and are now noticeable. I guess there is truth to the saying "ignorance is bliss".

MacTruck
Nov 9, 2005, 03:37 AM
I guess there is truth to the saying "ignorance is bliss".

OR, "Knowledge is power"!

mad jew
Nov 9, 2005, 03:45 AM
My 'tar is bliss.

I seriously wouldn't worry about it too much considering you didn't even notice the problems at first. I never check for dead pixels for this very reason. :)

Deepdale
Nov 9, 2005, 04:33 AM
I guess there is truth to the saying "ignorance is bliss".

Lucky ones manage to turn that into profitable careers, while others avoid blood pressure problems that affect many people.

generik
Nov 9, 2005, 04:59 AM
Sigh.. I noticed the lines on my PB too :*(

Shoddy worksmanship on overpriced item pisses me off :(