Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
I frequently change stock folder and app icons, usually through Candybar as it's quick. Since 10.9, doesn't work.

Is there a way to select multiple folders instead of CMD+I to copy and paste the replacement into each individual folder? I noticed anything over ~100 selected groups them into one info box, making it easier to change all at once. Any way to do it w/o the tedious copy and paste to each one? Thanks.

I change app icons since in developer builds the icon may changes if there is a significant update to the app which may not have been in the release candidate notes.

UPDATE:

After days of searching, I finally found the solution which I didn't know in all my years using OS X. Hope this helps someone in the same situation.

Bring up the Info inspector in the Finder — this is different than the Info window in that it is persistent and can change according to what you select.

Select the folders and use Command+Option+I to bring up the inspector. Then change the icon by selecting the icon in the inspector and pasting the graphic into it.

Last edited:

xspicer89x

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2013
one word...amazing. had no idea about this..been changing icons one by one since candybar is all buggy with mavericks.
thx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.