PDA

View Full Version : Dammit - dust or dead pixels in new MBA?

dmk1974
Jul 2, 2013, 09:01 PM
Bought my brand new 2013 MBA 11" from the Apple Store today and right on first boot I see what looks like dust or something. I rebooted. Still there. Lightly tapped the screen, no change. Called Apple and they advised to take it to the Genius Bar to look at. What a pisser. Should I do that or just order another one and return this one? Thanks!

CycloneRcr
Jul 2, 2013, 09:50 PM
Bought my brand new 2013 MBA 11" from the Apple Store today and right on first boot I see what looks like dust or something. I rebooted. Still there. Lightly tapped the screen, no change. Called Apple and they advised to take it to the Genius Bar to look at. What a pisser. Should I do that or just order another one and return this one? Thanks!

I have a very similar but slightly less visible mark in a new iPad Retina Display. It's like some particle fell behind the screen during assembly. It really bothered me at first but then I thought it would not worth the hassle to deal with the return/replace process.

Tells us something about Apple's QC!

Chatran
Jul 2, 2013, 11:29 PM
Either way, you should not keep this.

coldjeanzzz
Jul 2, 2013, 11:57 PM
is there any texture when you touch it? try rubbing it off with a microfibril cloth

dmk1974
Jul 3, 2013, 05:53 AM
is there any texture when you touch it? try rubbing it off with a microfibril cloth

No, I tried gently rubbing that area with a microfiber cloth and no change. Looked at it from all angles too with the screen off (don't see anything on the surface) and on as well. I'm certain that it's behind the surface of the screen.