PDA

View Full Version : airplay from iphone to apple tv, but keep audio via iphone headphones?

unlimitedx
Jul 3, 2013, 12:50 AM
is it possible to airplay a video from my iphone to the apple tv, but be able to listen to the audio via my iphone's headphones? is there any tweak (cydia) that can accomplish this? something like roku's private listening remote but in this case it is airplay

davegoody
Jul 3, 2013, 03:50 AM
is it possible to airplay a video from my iphone to the apple tv, but be able to listen to the audio via my iphone's headphones? is there any tweak (cydia) that can accomplish this? something like roku's private listening remote but in this case it is airplay

Other than Jailbreaking I doubt it. Also even if you could do this, there is ALWAYS some latency between your iDevice and the AppleTV. If you listened to the audio from your iDevice directly you would likely hear the audio 1/4 to 1/2 of a second before the video caught up. I would not bother.

institute
Jul 3, 2013, 04:30 AM
Yes this can be done if you are jail broken, and you mention Cydia so I assume you are. Download AirFloat from Cydia. It turns your iPhone into an airplay receiver that you can select under speakers when you hold down select when playing a video. Here is MacOSXHints article about it:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20130312010845251