Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ferrence

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
I have a question concerning Adobe Creative Suite 1 vs. Adobe Creative Suite 2.

At work, we use ACS1, but plan on upgrading to 2 sometime next year. My question is: If I buy and install ACS2, we I be able to move files back and forth without any problems? Or, will I have to save as an older version when I use ACS2?

Any help is appreciated.

Ferrence

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Ferrence said:
I have a question concerning Adobe Creative Suite 1 vs. Adobe Creative Suite 2.

At work, we use ACS1, but plan on upgrading to 2 sometime next year. My question is: If I buy and install ACS2, we I be able to move files back and forth without any problems? Or, will I have to save as an older version when I use ACS2?

Any help is appreciated.

Ferrence

What kind of files?

CS1 was really fussy with older file versions of InDesign and Illustrator.

I do not believe this is a problem ala CS vs. CS2, however.

Ferrence

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Sorry...

iGary said:
What kind of files?

CS1 was really fussy with older file versions of InDesign and Illustrator.

I do not believe this is a problem ala CS vs. CS2, however.

I use Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator primarily.

matt1190

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2005
Well here's what I've had to deal with...

I have CS at home and CS 2 at our University lab.

Photoshop is fine, Illustrator - I've had issues with everything being converted to paths. However, CS2 does give you an option to save as a CS1 .ai file if you'd like. InDesign - the files don't transfer. Adobe has some sort of "fix" for the InDesign thing on their website. It's pretty easy to find. But I think it requires that you save all of your .indd files as Interchange files (.inx) or something like that.

So yeah. I see CS2 as more of a pain in the ass than anything else. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I weren't switching between the versions so often. But whatever. Just my $.02

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.