PDA

View Full Version : HD Powerbook G4 static noise

ybakos
Nov 9, 2005, 10:42 AM
For those with a new HD PB G4 15"....

Sit in a quiet room. Load up a long web page. Use the keyboard arrows to scroll all the way up, then all the way down. Do it a couple times. Hear that sound?

Load a page that has a flash object in a web browser. Hear that sound?

Put your ear close to the keyboard and use the trackpad a bit. It's more faint, but do you hear a sound? Set your dock to auto-hide. Listen closely and use the trackpad to hide/unhide the dock. Hear that sound?

I just farted. Hear that sound?

None of these sounds are good. I wonder if anyone else has these problems (the powerbook problem, not the gastric one).

tekmoe
Nov 9, 2005, 11:06 AM
happens on my new 17" as well. barely notice it unless the room is dead silent. does this bother you or what?

Stacc
Nov 9, 2005, 11:08 AM
I too hear that noise from my new 15" powerbook. I remember reading in another thread that someone else had the same problem with a rev D model.

It doesn't really bother me much, though.

crazzyeddie
Nov 9, 2005, 11:20 AM
Is this just the high-pitched whining sound? All Powerbooks do that and even the Powermac/iMac G5's. Its been covered in a huge number of threads.

generik
Nov 9, 2005, 11:53 AM
Now that you mentioned.. yeah, I noticed it too.. jeez :(

mklos
Nov 9, 2005, 06:40 PM
My 17" PowerBook G4 (1400x900 version) does this as well. Mine makes noise through the speakers it sounds like. It only does that with the power adapter plugged in, but will go away after a while. None of this bothers me any...I'm covered under warranty and backup almost everyday...