PDA

View Full Version : Got the new Imac 2.1 and the monitor looks different

Mike elo
Nov 9, 2005, 10:49 AM
Today I recieved the Imac 2.1 20"

As I write this Im looking at the old 20" 2.0 and the new 20" 2.1 next to each other, and the lcd monitors looks very different. The new Imac looks yellowish and a little flat. I use the same color profile (imac)

The old 20" looks perfect, a little cold and very nutral, but the new Imac looks like an old and very used lcd monitor. A yellow glow and not as sharp. I have tryed the different profiles on each mac and even calibrated them, using the same calibrated file. They are different. Maybe the new Imac I recieved is faulty..? :confused:

Chrispy
Nov 9, 2005, 10:51 AM
Today I recieved the Imac 2.1 20"

As I write this Im looking at the old 20" 2.0 and the new 20" 2.1 next to each other, and the lcd monitors looks very different. The new Imac looks yellowish and a little flat. I use the same color profile (imac)

The old 20" looks perfect, a little cold and very nutral, but the new Imac looks like an old and very used lcd monitor. A yellow glow and not as sharp. I have tryed the different profiles on each mac and even calibrated them, using the same calibrated file. They are different. Maybe the new Imac I recieved is faulty..? :confused:

When I was in the Apple store exchanging my crap 15" powerbook for an iMac instead the first two iMacs they brought out had screen problems. Finally, the third unit was perfect but it was disturbing that the first two had problems. Apple has been known for poor quality control lately so if you are worried give Apple a call. They have been good about getting me replacements so hopefully you would have similar luck. Best of luck to you!

lopresmb
Nov 9, 2005, 10:53 AM
possibly it is faulty, most people are saying that the new ones have a brighter screen, and like it better than the old ones. If it is something that really bothers you give apple a call and see what they say...

lopresmb
Nov 9, 2005, 10:56 AM
how can you tell these problems without comparing it to another screen???

Mike elo
Nov 9, 2005, 11:06 AM
how can you tell these problems without comparing it to another screen???

I have both Imacs next to each other as Im writing this. There is clearly a difference. Not huge but since Im a photographer it is very importent the monitor is neutral.

Does anybody have any experiences about this problem?

mr_matalino
Nov 9, 2005, 11:58 AM
My new iMac screen is crystal clear. Then again, I upgraded from an old 12" PB.:)

tekmoe
Nov 9, 2005, 12:23 PM
sounds like your going to be calling apple for an exchange very shortly.

Chrispy
Nov 9, 2005, 12:34 PM
My new iMac screen is crystal clear. Then again, I upgraded from an old 12" PB.:)

The screen are great regardless :) I say call Apple and have that baby switched out.

puckhead193
Nov 9, 2005, 12:42 PM
go down to an apple store and see what if they have a display model then compare it to yours....

risc
Nov 9, 2005, 01:19 PM
I have both Imacs next to each other as Im writing this. There is clearly a difference. Not huge but since Im a photographer it is very importent the monitor is neutral.

Does anybody have any experiences about this problem?

A while ago I purchased a 2nd 20" AL ACD for my Power Mac G5 and when I chucked them next to each other the original one had a slight yellow look to it, I would of never noticed it if I didn't get the 2nd one, and I couldn't calibrate them to look the same. I rang Apple about it and they replaced my monitor. I suggest you call them and arrange a repair/replacement.

shadowmoses
Nov 9, 2005, 01:31 PM
I say its faulty, call up apple and tell them the story, and im sure they will give you an answer straight away,

SHadow

Mike elo
Nov 9, 2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks for all the replys. I will call apple tomorrow.

By the way, where can I see the "rev" version? And what info is relatet to the different versions?